2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

50 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Well, they did have that and uh, the team was so disgusted by it, they opted for all burgundy instead-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-why-(Washington Football Team)-wont-be-punished-for-ditching-their-gold-color-rush-uniforms/amp/

spacer.png
spacer.png

Of course, that was 5 years ago so who knows how their opinion has changed.

I’m not talking about color rush, I’m talking about an actual alternate jersey.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dont care said:

I’m not talking about color rush, I’m talking about an actual alternate jersey.

I understand that point. What I’m saying is if they felt that way about a gold alternate jersey then, I highly doubt they’d double dip and bring a new gold jersey to the rotation.

1 hour ago, Moseph said:

Seeing as Washington is retiring Sean Taylor's number this weekend I wish they would've gone white on white instead of the throwbacks since he wore that quite a bit during his career.

Sean Taylor's jersey retirement wasn't planned it's just a deflection from the teams current situation

12 hours ago, Moseph said:

Seeing as Washington is retiring Sean Taylor's number this weekend I wish they would've gone white on white instead of the throwbacks since he wore that quite a bit during his career.

As a Washington fan that never had the adulation of Sean Taylor most of the fanbase does, I'm not sure how to feel about this whole thing. Both at retiring #21 in general and the timing of the announcement. This seems like the type of thing you'd announce months in advance to increase ticket sales for the game. Instead they made the public announcement days after damaging emails from the team's office came to light.

Cringe Smile GIF

Hotter Than July > Thriller

16 minutes ago, dont care said:

I think it was just not officially. I do t think they ever issued it.

Yeah thats what Washington has done with a lot of numbers, this will be only the third officially retired number.

Am I the only one that isn't much of a fan of retiring numbers? I think being up in a ring of fame is enough of an honor.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

On 10/13/2021 at 3:43 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

Revisiting the return of the Ravens black/purple combo, I must say it was overwhelmingly nice to see it again. Would have preferred to see it against a more colorful opponent combo (i.e. Steelers white/yellow or Chiefs white/red) instead of Indy in all-white, but that's a nitpick honestly.

I'd trade away going to see Ravens/Chiefs in Week 2 just to see this game and this uniform combo again. Hope they have a chance to use it against other teams in the future.

In my opinion, the Ravens’ purple pants are the single greatest uniform element the team has. By far. 

The Ravens can never wear black pants again, and it would suit me just fine.  Their plain black yoga pants are tied (with the Saints' and the Jags') for the worst pants in the NFL. 

Purple jersey/white pants, white jersey/purple pants, occasionally all white, once a year black jersey/purple pants. Or just get rid of the dull black jersey all together, as far as I'm concerned.

And, yeah, I don't give a rat's ass what color "real ravens" are.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Browns confirm brown over white. This will be a much better-looking game with better contrast than the 2015 meeting with Arizona:

Cleveland Browns vs. Arizona Cardinals – Nov 1, 2015 – CBS Cleveland

The Browns have since ditched the clown suits. Wish Arizona would do likewise. 

7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

How was his number not immediately retired after he died?

Up until last year, Washington has had a weird fascination with refusing to retire any number that wasn’t Sammy Baugh’s 33. Numbers like Darrel Green’s 28, John Riggins’ 44, etc haven’t been issued since player retirement. They’ve just been kept out of circulation. Weirdly enough, the number 27 hadn’t been issued in 11 years since Larry Johnson’s half season tenure with the team.

In terms of 21 being retired, I’m of the opinion that London Fletcher’s 59 is more deserving of the honor. Yet, since his retirement, the number has repeatedly been issued to bums unworthy of bringing honor to the number.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Up until last year, Washington has had a weird fascination with refusing to retire any number that wasn’t Sammy Baugh’s 33. Numbers like Darrel Green’s 28, John Riggins’ 44, etc haven’t been issued since player retirement. They’ve just been kept out of circulation. Weirdly enough, the number 27 hadn’t been issued in 11 years since Larry Johnson’s half season tenure with the team.

In terms of 21 being retired, I’m of the opinion that London Fletcher’s 59 is more deserving of the honor. Yet, since his retirement, the number has repeatedly been issued to bums unworthy of bringing honor to the number.

Jurgensen 9, Green 28, Riggins 44, Monk 81 should all be retired.  I have no problem honoring Taylor, but why before those four?

Archived