2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

35 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Hmm,  the Ravens typically mix and match more often in their stadium. This is now the third game at home in purple/white this season, and if my math is correct, the 737th time they've worn this look versus Cincinnati in white on black.

Well it’s there best look so I’m glad they wear it the most of any option.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Ravens have only worn their black pants once so far this season. Week 3 vs Lions.

33 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well it’s there worst look so I’m glad they wear it the least of any option.

Falcons confirmed to be in black over white against the Dolphins. This will be the second time they’ve worn black over white this year compared to only once in the all black. They also wore black over white in the preseason. Hopefully this is a sign of that combo becoming the primary rather than all black.

spacer.png

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/atlanta-falcons-2021-uniform-schedule#7c3413f9-b13b-40b0-afe5-48788633576c

^ I look forward to the sign of them junkboxing them joints...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

43 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Falcons confirmed to be in black over white against the Dolphins. This will be the second time they’ve worn black over white this year compared to only once in the all black. They also wore black over white in the preseason. Hopefully this is a sign of that combo becoming the primary rather than all black.

Eh, as much as we'd all love for that to be the case, they have worn black on white zero times at home this season. It was expected that they'd wear it for the two hot weather games in Florida. I wouldn't read too much into it. They also wore all black for the second preseason home game.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

It's actually impressive (and significantly depressing, considering how they essentially refuse to wear it) how much better white pants make this look.  I feel like I've always hated the Falcons' uniforms a lot less than the general consensus on here, and seeing this picture makes me think this set is a couple tweaks away from legitimately good.

Side note, I could never tell why in some pictures I liked the Falcons' number font and in others I didn't.  And I think I know why now - about half of the pictures I saw were of Matt Ryan, who wears #2, and those were the ones I liked.  I think the little point at the top of the 2 gives a very sharp, angular feel to the numbers, which works well for a team named the Falcons.  The problem is no other number in the set is as sharp, except for maybe the 8.  Maybe it's just my bias since I grew up watching them, but I feel like if the Falcons adopted a font similar to the Ravens, which is much sharper and has several of its numbers come to points, it would work better.  Imagine how much better Ridley's jersey looks in the above photo if the 1 on his jersey came to point similar to how the Ravens' 1 does.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/atlanta-falcons-2021-uniform-schedule#7c3413f9-b13b-40b0-afe5-48788633576c

When they don't go monochrome, their uniforms really aren't that bad. They're not exceptional, but they're decent

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

13 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

When they don't go monochrome, their uniforms really aren't that bad. They're not exceptional, but they're decent

Mods - what’s the status on that dislike button?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

I doubt black/white is becoming the primary. They probably just decide to wear white pants on the road with black jerseys like how the Seahawks usually wear grey pants on the road with the navy jerseys.

15 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

I honestly like the all-black🤷‍♂️ I just despise the all-white with white socks. Every other combo has grown on me immensely.

15 hours ago, Crabcake said:

It's actually impressive (and significantly depressing, considering how they essentially refuse to wear it) how much better white pants make this look.  I feel like I've always hated the Falcons' uniforms a lot less than the general consensus on here, and seeing this picture makes me think this set is a couple tweaks away from legitimately good.

Side note, I could never tell why in some pictures I liked the Falcons' number font and in others I didn't.  And I think I know why now - about half of the pictures I saw were of Matt Ryan, who wears #2, and those were the ones I liked.  I think the little point at the top of the 2 gives a very sharp, angular feel to the numbers, which works well for a team named the Falcons.  The problem is no other number in the set is as sharp, except for maybe the 8.  Maybe it's just my bias since I grew up watching them, but I feel like if the Falcons adopted a font similar to the Ravens, which is much sharper and has several of its numbers come to points, it would work better.  Imagine how much better Ridley's jersey looks in the above photo if the 1 on his jersey came to point similar to how the Ravens' 1 does.

spacer.png

I always thought a “taller” version of this Falcons font would work great on the uniforms:

PS66dJS.jpg

I think it would match the wordmark better than the font they went with.

And a potential best-looking game of the week is ruined, as expected.  I'm gonna predict that they'll bring back the green pants for the Week 10 game in Denver. If not then, then probably Week 13 at the Jets, who will likely already be wearing tons of green. Super.

All the comments on the post are asking for green pants as usual, so once the team decides to wear them, it will be " You asked for them! They're back. Blah blah."

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

And a potential best-looking game of the week is ruined, as expected.  I'm gonna predict that they'll bring back the green pants for the Week 10 game in Denver. If not then, then probably Week 13 at the Jets, who will likely already be wearing tons of green. Super.

All the comments on the post are asking for green pants as usual, so once the team decides to wear them, it will be " You asked for them! They're back. Blah blah."

ICY ❄️❄️🥶🥶

spacer.png

On 10/20/2021 at 10:44 PM, Cujo said:

Nominee for best uni match-up of the 2021 season.

Definitely not. Too much white.  The Colts are okay,  but SF should get rid of the white pants. They have a top-tier uniform when they're wearing gold pants and they should stick with that. You don't mess with perfection. I also despise white pants for almost every NFL uniform but that's separate from how much I love the 49ers standard uniforms.

10 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Jets all white would be good if they wore green socks. But the team won't go for it.

The Jets would only be good if they switched uniforms back to the previous set. I have the Jets in the bottom five of uniforms along with the Falcons, Jets, Broncos and Titans.

Archived