2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

On 10/23/2021 at 1:50 AM, GoHawks said:

Saints in black pants in one of the worst matchups possible of course. Even all white would've been better against Seattle.

Saints in gold pants in Seattle would have been a great looking matchup.  This really ruins it.  Their black pants need to be either 1) donated to charity, or 2) have the wide-gold stripe reinstated.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Durden said:

The Jets would only be good if they switched uniforms back to the previous set. I have the Jets in the bottom five of uniforms along with the Falcons, Jets, Broncos and Titans.

Apparently you hate the Jets' uniforms so much that they take up two slotted spots on your bottom five list!

Disagree.  Gold helmets should never be worn with white pants.  Gold is too light a color to stand on its own as a helmet - same with silver and yellow.  I know teams have done it, but IMHO it looks off in every case, with Carolina being the biggest offender.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In my mind, the Saints would have a Top 5 uniform in the NFL if they simply:

• designated the Color Rush jersey the primary away,

• created a black jersey with the same template for home games,

• added gold and black pants with the same striping pattern,

• and darkened the helmet gold to match as well.

58 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Disagree.  Gold helmets should never be worn with white pants.  Gold is too light a color to stand on its own as a helmet - same with silver and yellow.  I know teams have done it, but IMHO it looks off in every case, with Carolina being the biggest offender.

I’m not saying it looks good. I’m saying that if they intend on keep those pants around, at least make them look like pants the Saints would wear and not generic high school catalog pants 

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

In my mind, the Saints would have a Top 5 uniform in the NFL if they simply:

• designated the Color Rush jersey the primary away,

• created a black jersey with the same template for home games,

• added gold and black pants with the same striping pattern,

• and darkened the helmet gold to match as well.

So these...

Dspm98WUUAENpQX.jpg

The NFL with another case of "got it right the first time"

1967_NewOrleans.png

Basically those but if there's a way to more closely match the helmet and pants, regardless of which one needs to be adjusted.

22 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

So these... The NFL with another case of "got it right the first time"

Basically! I’d probably add white socks with the same striping pattern as the white jersey, to wear on the road. Beyond that, it’s pretty much perfect.

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Basically those but if there's a way to more closely match the helmet and pants, regardless of which one needs to be adjusted.

I’m sure modern technologies could make it work, particularly by adjusting the shade of the helmet.

4 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The Packers’ color rush fauxbacks suck. They are half-assed and cheap looking. Not an accurate throwback and just a really boring, lazy attempt at a “color rush” uniform

Teams want to jump on the monochrome trend while not actually caring about their uniforms in the first place, so we get more and more half-assed efforts. Twice this season we've had teams trot out glorified prototypes claiming they're "inspired by throwbacks".

55 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I'm liking the Packers all green throwbacks. 

I was all ready to hate them...but I don't. I think it's a really great look for them.

Would be nice to see a white shirt with green pants. While I think the Packers are generally perfect as they normally dress, yellow/white/green could look pretty nice. And would be unique in the NFL.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived