Sports Mount Rushmores for each Market

neo_prankster

3 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Nashville

Steve McNair

Pekka Rinne

David Legwand

Jevon Kearse, Derrick Mason or Eddie George for the fourth spot.

Jacksonville

Mark Brunell

Fred Taylor

Brad Meester or Tony Boselli

Jimmy Smith

Nashville: yeah, pretty spot on. Obvious messed-up situation aside, McNair still is and, for as long as there is NFL football in Nashville will always be, a legend. Right next to him, and some would even say above him, is Eddie George--who really never left Nashville after his playing days (and now is becoming TSU's next football coach). Peks is a pretty solid stick at #3. Now, as for #4, that one gets tricky: Jevon Kearse would be a good pick; perhaps a better pick would be CJ2K, Chris Johnson. During his prime, dude was playing at a HoF pace there (before tailing off), plus he helped inspire a new generation of fans in town post-McNair and George. Having said that...I could also make an even better argument over those two for Shea Weber, who was right there at the lead of the Predators' meteoric rise to relevance both in town and in the NHL. That man almost single-handedly had the town painted yellow (okay "gold", but whatever), and was one of the few Preds players folks recognized on the street early on.

As for Jacksonville...yeah, pretty solid. No one's going to argue against Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor, or Jimmy Smith. I think you'd be okay with Tony Boselli at the four spot...but really, any of he, Tony Brackens, or Kevin Hardy could be inserted into that spot (if not the other half of Thunder & Lightning, Keenan McCardell).  Most would roll with Boselli, and I wouldn't argue, but if one defensive player had to be chosen, I think I'd go with Kevin Hardy justasmidge over Tony Brackens.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Six said:

Los Angeles - Lou Williams, Lane Kiffin, Bill Walton, V Stiviano

I was thinking Lou Williams for the Phila one, but at this point he's probably in between Kareem and Magic in LA basketball lore so it this makes sense.

I'd consider Swaggy P for LA too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We doing hometown, now? Okay, I'll play...

Pensacola, FL: Emmitt Smith, Roy Jones, Jr., Derrick Brooks, Michelle Snow.

(Honorable mentions to Reggie Evans and Alfred Morris...we won't mention Trent Richardson, though.🤦‍♂️)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

2 minutes ago, tBBP said:

We doing hometown, now? Okay, I'll play...

Pensacola, FL: Emmitt Smith, Roy Jones, Jr., Derrick Brooks, Michelle Snow.

(Honorable mentions to Reggie Evans and Alfred Morris...we won't mention Trent Richardson, though.🤦‍♂️)

What about THE BIG DOG?

EwTJfPBXIAgDglT.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What about THE BIG DOG?

EwTJfPBXIAgDglT.jpg

Like Roy, he's known around town, and for some reason he chose to stay there--but he's not exactly what you'd call a "big deal" back home like Roy or Emmitt (then again, most can barely stand Emmitt back home--long story behind that). I am glad he beat leukemia, though.

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Columbus

Rick Nash

Sergei Bobrovsky

Seth Jones

Pierre-Luc Dubois

I’d only keep Nash and Bobrovsky on the CBJ mt rushmore (Cam Atkinson and Nick Foligno are the two others). Columbus the city’s are Jack Nicklaus, Archie Griffin, Buster Douglas, and Jesse Owens. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 4/24/2021 at 1:24 PM, neo_prankster said:

Salt Lake City: Adrian Dantley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Jerry Sloan

Malone, Stockton, and Sloan are definitely there; it’s the fourth spot that gets interesting.

As far the Jazz are concerned, you could go in a few directions. When it comes to players, I think Dantley is a very great and worthy pick (first long-term star in Utah, Hall of Famer). Rudy Gobert could possibly make a case as well, though; if not now, then soon. He’s been here long enough and been great enough that I think he’s at least entered the conversation. If you consider ownership, Larry H. Miller could make a very good case to be the fourth spot too. There’s a good chance the Jazz aren’t still here in Utah without him. 

Just throwing it out there to cover both SLC teams’ bases: if an RSL player were to get squeaked in somehow, it’d be Kyle Beckerman or Nick Rimando. I don’t think I’d have either of them in ahead of the other Jazz figures though. They’re pretty revered here, but the Jazz are in a league of thier own when it comes to local significance here.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

56 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Louisville?

Muhammad Ali?

Johnny Unitas?

Paul Hornung?

Darrell Griffith?

Rajon Rondo should be on that list.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Pittsburgh: Roberto Clemente, Joe Greene, Mario Lemieux, Bill Mazeroski.

The final spot is really hard to figure out, I went with Maz over Honus Wagner, Crosby, Stargell, and Bradshaw, due to Maz hitting the biggest home run in the history of the game and for being the best defensive second baseman the sport has ever seen.

11 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Portland

Clyde Drexler

Bill Walton

Damian Lillard

Geoff Petrie

Columbus

Rick Nash

Sergei Bobrovsky

Seth Jones

Pierre-Luc Dubois

Hamilton

Angelo Mosca

Bill Danychuk

Rocky Dipietro

Mike Kerrigan

Hartford

Gordie Howe

Ron Francis

Kevin Dineen

Rick Ley

No Buckeyes for Columbus?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

12 hours ago, BBTV said:

I was thinking Lou Williams for the Phila one, but at this point he's probably in between Kareem and Magic in LA basketball lore so it this makes sense.

I'd consider Swaggy P for LA too.

Wow all the disrespect for the greatest NBA champion of all-time

EkG-CYlWAAAVck1.jpg

Every time someone does this with New York it ends up being either 4 Yankees or 3 Yankees and a Knick so as a non-Yankee fan I don't even bother with doing a New York Mount Rushmore

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

On 4/25/2021 at 12:32 PM, neo_prankster said:

This was what I had in mind:

Milwaukee: Hank Aaron, Robin Yount, Oscar Robertson, Greek Freak

Green Bay: Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers

For Milwaukee, I'd replace Oscar with Bob Uecker.  No disrespect to the Big O... his was the first number retired by the Bucks and rightfully so.  But his career is more associated with Cincinnati (Bearcats and Royals).  Uke is the quintessential Milwaukeean both in and out of the sports world.

Green Bay would be a lot more political, as I'd avoid controversy by not including any of the Packers iconic QBs.  Rather, I'd try to find a guy who best represented each era of Packers football.  Therefore, I'd go with Don Hutson, Vince Lombardi, Reggie White, and Donald Driver.

Archived