Sign in to follow this  
neo_prankster

Sports Mount Rushmores for each Market

Just now, JerseyJimmy said:

no, really. Charlotte's Rushmore should probably be Flair, Earnhardt, Cam, and... honestly, I'd take Muggsy over Kemba.

I'll be completely honest and say that before I discussed with people who actually watched wrestling, I had never heard of Ric Flair and I am from Charlotte. I recognize him as a sports icon but certainly not on our Rushmore. You could go either way on Muggsy/Kemba but Flair has no business being there over someone like Steve Smith, Luke Keuchly, or Sam Mills.

2 minutes ago, QCS said:

I'll be completely honest and say that before I discussed with people who actually watched wrestling, I had never heard of Ric Flair and I am from Charlotte. I recognize him as a sports icon but certainly not on our Rushmore. You could go either way on Muggsy/Kemba but Flair has no business being there over someone like Steve Smith, Luke Keuchly, or Sam Mills.

I guess something like that would be tied to what generation you're talking about it with, given you'd probably get a very different response from someone who grew up watching prime Flair in '80s NWA and someone who grew up watching Flair be the dickhead helping Triple H in Evolution. guessing you agree on Earnhardt, thought? is Kannapolis considered in the same sphere as Charlotte?

8 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I guess something like that would be tied to what generation you're talking about it with, given you'd probably get a very different response from someone who grew up watching prime Flair in '80s NWA and someone who grew up watching Flair be the dickhead helping Triple H in Evolution. guessing you agree on Earnhardt, thought? is Kannapolis considered in the same sphere as Charlotte?

I'm giving it to you because Kannapolis is in the Charlotte metro. Ask this question about 10-15 years ago and I think Flair would be in it no question but nowadays other sports have more prominence and more stars.