MLB X NBA 30/30 Nationals

johne9109

Los Angeles Angels

I know technically they're LA , but I always preferred them as the Anaheim Angels so I went with that moniker for the concept. I also swapped out blue for black just to get some variety in the team colors. 

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Dodgers

I've always liked the Dodgers wordmark with the flying ball so I had to go with that on the jerseys; of course with a basketball instead of a baseball. I also went with grey over blue as I feel there are already so many blue jerseys in this series and the MLB as a whole

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Miami Marlins

This is probably my favorite of the set; at least so far. The Marlins should've never changed their look. I can take the name change, but the look that came with the change to the Miami Marlins is horrible. With that said I had went back to the Florida Marlins name and look

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Minnesota Twins

I really wish the Twins had a different color scheme. They feel like they get lost in the shuffle visually being another blue and red team. Unfortunately none of the other Minnesota team colors really work for the Twins so I just left their colors as is

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

These are all really good, but yeah, you're using the old look for the Brewers (that I don't happen to hate).  My recommendation for most of these though is that instead of making outlines by offsetting inwards, make them by offsetting outwards.  Offsetting inwards is resulting in thin looking numbers.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

13 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

These are all really good, but yeah, you're using the old look for the Brewers (that I don't happen to hate).  My recommendation for most of these though is that instead of making outlines by offsetting inwards, make them by offsetting outwards.  Offsetting inwards is resulting in thin looking numbers.

Yeah I preferred the old Brewers look tbh. I'll have to look at how to doo the offset outwards, thanks!

ZUH86xc.png

22 hours ago, NicDB said:

Did you mean to use the old wordmarks?  Because they look a lot better with their current identity.

I did yes, I think it looks better. At the end I might go back and do alternate/statement editions and I might use their newer look for that

ZUH86xc.png

15 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Minnesota Twins

I really wish the Twins had a different color scheme. They feel like they get lost in the shuffle visually being another blue and red team. Unfortunately none of the other Minnesota team colors really work for the Twins so I just left their colors as is

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Replace the blue with the Vikings purple? 
Also, your number is misaligned.

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Replace the blue with the Vikings purple? 
Also, your number is misaligned.

I might have to try that I did the purple and yellow, but maybe just the purple might work. Yeah I couldn't find a really good spot for the number with the way the wordmark is without making the number egregiously big. When I try the color change I'll work on it some more.

ZUH86xc.png

So here's everything I've tried with the Twins. Whichever gets the consensus of being the best I'll make the home to go with it and fix the number on it or if the original is the best way to go we can keep it at that

Vikings w/ red

spacer.png

Vikings w/ yellow

spacer.png

Wild

spacer.png

Timberwolves

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

New York Mets

I guess no one has opinions on the Twins for now so let's keep moving along. I always liked the Mets logo so I knew I had to use that. I also. stayed away from the pinstripes because I don't want to overuse them; especially with the Yankees coming up next. 

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

23 hours ago, johne9109 said:

So here's everything I've tried with the Twins. Whichever gets the consensus of being the best I'll make the home to go with it and fix the number on it or if the original is the best way to go we can keep it at that

Vikings w/ red

spacer.png

Vikings w/ yellow

spacer.png

Wild

spacer.png

Timberwolves

spacer.png

Put some white stripes on the collar and the purple and red is fine.

New York Yankees

I had to go with the pinstripes of course. For the away i could've gone the grey route or the straight navy blue, but I thought an inverted pinstripe would be a fun and interesting look for the Yankees

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Oakland and the Mets two of your best yet. On the Yankees, I'd recommend a white stroke on the Yankees script and a navy stroke on the New York text. That will just separate them from the pinstripes a little so that it doesn't get lost.

10 minutes ago, MDTrey4 said:

Oakland and the Mets two of your best yet. On the Yankees, I'd recommend a white stroke on the Yankees script and a navy stroke on the New York text. That will just separate them from the pinstripes a little so that it doesn't get lost.

Thanks I really like them as well; especially the A's. I didn't put a stroke on the Yankees jerseys because their baseball jerseys don't, but I may have to try it out

ZUH86xc.png

Archived