Diamond Uniform Database - 2023 Arizona Diamondbacks

JayJaxon

I have a new template I have been working on for several months. I have completed some of the teams already but I wanted to get pretty far into the process before showing it off for the first time. I may also use this thread to show teams I have completed so errors can be pointed out. Take a look and let me know what you think:

fkK0vkT.png

• Like 20

Here are the Diamondbacks. I have not spotted nearly as many different designs for the socks this season for Arizona. However, if I have missed something here, let me know and I will add the design. 

NOTE: This post has been corrected. I had the Hispanic Heritage uniform in the set. As it turns out, it was not worn at all in 2021. The team last wore a Hispanic Heritage uniform in 2019. The City Connect uniform may check those boxes for the team going forward. 

spacer.png

Edited by JayJaxon
Added City Connect uniform and dropped Hispanic Heritage uniform
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

On 5/4/2021 at 12:32 AM, JayJaxon said:

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, JayJaxon said:

spacer.png

Are you planning to use both batters in the future or just trying to decide which one you like better? I have to say, both of them work well. I don't think anyone's got a home and away version of the new batting jerseys, but if a team did, having both stances available would be great. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, crustin said:

Are the Dodgers going to wear blue this year? I haven't heard anything but that would be sweet.

The blue jersey is from Spring Training and they don't wear that during the season. Would not be a bad alternate, though. 

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Are you planning to use both batters in the future or just trying to decide which one you like better? I have to say, both of them work well. I don't think anyone's got a home and away version of the new batting jerseys, but if a team did, having both stances available would be great. 

When I did all the BP jerseys for 2021 I gave half the teams one pose and half the other. There are some teams who have 2 BP jerseys and in that case, I use them both. Although the normal uniform poses give several different options, for batting practice uniforms I will only stick with the two templates. Teams actually have 3 different choices for BP uniforms in 2021, but for this presentation I decided to go with the ones I have already completed. 

• Like 1

Here is Cincinnati. They have a 'military appreciation' jersey that technically should be in the rotation but they have not worn it this year and did not wear it at all in 2020. When/if it does pop up, I will update this. 

EDIT: They wore it.  August 6 and September 7

azEKdhQ.png

Edited by JayJaxon
Added Military Appreciation uniform
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, DukeofChutney said:

Some fantastic work there. That template is great too - I'm starting to like the mannaquin style templates; there was a hockey one not so long ago too. Seems to add a bit of life to concepts.

The mannequin look is inspired by the work of Marc Okkonen. Back when I started this project his only real request is that I use my own template. This is version #4 but I feel it is the better one. Although it is more work to present the uniforms on so many different little guys, the presentation is way better in my opinion. I think this look pays tribute to Mr. Okkonen while at the same time, giving a fresh look to the presentation. 

@JayJaxon There used to be a link from the Gridiron Uniform Database to the Diamond Uniform Database, before the domain expired on the Diamond Uniform Database. Did you used to run that site? I used to visit the site a lot, while it was up, it was fantastic. The uniform template was really great then, and the template now is even better.

6 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

@JayJaxon There used to be a link from the Gridiron Uniform Database to the Diamond Uniform Database, before the domain expired on the Diamond Uniform Database. Did you used to run that site? I used to visit the site a lot, while it was up, it was fantastic. The uniform template was really great then, and the template now is even better.

I did not run that site but I did provide the uniforms for it. Rob, the guy who runs those sites, wanted to concentrate on football. I wanted to get further along in the process before we made another attempt. I believe I am getting to that point now.