Diamond Uniform Database - Added Pittsburgh

JayJaxon

I have a new template I have been working on for several months. I have completed some of the teams already but I wanted to get pretty far into the process before showing it off for the first time. I may also use this thread to show teams I have completed so errors can be pointed out. Take a look and let me know what you think:

fkK0vkT.png

Here are the Diamondbacks. I have not spotted nearly as many different designs for the socks this season for Arizona. However, if I have missed something here, let me know and I will add the design. 

spacer.png

On 5/4/2021 at 12:32 AM, JayJaxon said:

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, JayJaxon said:

spacer.png

Are you planning to use both batters in the future or just trying to decide which one you like better? I have to say, both of them work well. I don't think anyone's got a home and away version of the new batting jerseys, but if a team did, having both stances available would be great. 

23 minutes ago, crustin said:

Are the Dodgers going to wear blue this year? I haven't heard anything but that would be sweet.

The blue jersey is from Spring Training and they don't wear that during the season. Would not be a bad alternate, though. 

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Are you planning to use both batters in the future or just trying to decide which one you like better? I have to say, both of them work well. I don't think anyone's got a home and away version of the new batting jerseys, but if a team did, having both stances available would be great. 

When I did all the BP jerseys for 2021 I gave half the teams one pose and half the other. There are some teams who have 2 BP jerseys and in that case, I use them both. Although the normal uniform poses give several different options, for batting practice uniforms I will only stick with the two templates. Teams actually have 3 different choices for BP uniforms in 2021, but for this presentation I decided to go with the ones I have already completed. 

Here are the Cardinals. I realize the home and road 'alternates' are just a difference in cap, but I needed to figure out a way to include a bunch of uniforms here anyway.

spacer.png

Here is Cincinnati. They have a 'military appreciation' jersey that technically should be in the rotation but they have not worn it this year and did not wear it at all in 2020. When/if it does pop up, I will update this. 

spacer.png

13 hours ago, DukeofChutney said:

Some fantastic work there. That template is great too - I'm starting to like the mannaquin style templates; there was a hockey one not so long ago too. Seems to add a bit of life to concepts.

The mannequin look is inspired by the work of Marc Okkonen. Back when I started this project his only real request is that I use my own template. This is version #4 but I feel it is the better one. Although it is more work to present the uniforms on so many different little guys, the presentation is way better in my opinion. I think this look pays tribute to Mr. Okkonen while at the same time, giving a fresh look to the presentation. 

@JayJaxon There used to be a link from the Gridiron Uniform Database to the Diamond Uniform Database, before the domain expired on the Diamond Uniform Database. Did you used to run that site? I used to visit the site a lot, while it was up, it was fantastic. The uniform template was really great then, and the template now is even better.

6 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

@JayJaxon There used to be a link from the Gridiron Uniform Database to the Diamond Uniform Database, before the domain expired on the Diamond Uniform Database. Did you used to run that site? I used to visit the site a lot, while it was up, it was fantastic. The uniform template was really great then, and the template now is even better.

I did not run that site but I did provide the uniforms for it. Rob, the guy who runs those sites, wanted to concentrate on football. I wanted to get further along in the process before we made another attempt. I believe I am getting to that point now. 

• JayJaxon changed the title to Diamond Uniform Database - Added Pittsburgh