NFL Number Changes 2021

DCarp1231

Someone photoshop Jack Hamm or Jack Lam into #3 or some other single-digit number.  

Those guys didn't care about their number - all they cared about was hittin' people and/or ripping their heads off.

maxresdefault.jpg

jack-lambert-colts-wijjpg.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Another Ravens player has changed his number. This time it’s LB L.J. Fort switching from 58 to 3

spacer.png

The Ravens now have 2-9 issued to players

• 2- QB Tyler Huntley

• 3- LB L.J. Fort & QB Kenji Bahar

• 4- P Sam Koch

• 5- WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown

• 6- LB Patrick Queen

• 7- QB Trace McSorley

• 8- QB Lamar Jackson

• 9- K Justin Tucker

This going to work out well.

Can't wait 20 years from now when they have 4A/ 8B because singles are being used and retired.  Joking, somewhat.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

19 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Can't wait 20 years from now when they have 4A/ 8B because singles are being used and retired.  Joking, somewhat.

I want to see 3B, so we can make Strange Brew references when a player messes up. "This play was made by 3B. Three beers and he looks good, eh."

29 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Just wait until this has to happen in-game

Fun fact- Isaiah Zuber is a WR/RS for New England 

47 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Just wait until this has to happen in-game

Fun fact- Isaiah Zuber is a WR/RS for New England 

I like the breakaway, that is a new twist. I do remember Jalen Ramsey when he was at Florida State would wear ( Charlie's ) 17 on returns but was 8 on defense.  Wonder if we will see more of this? 

https://twitter.com/melinasphotos/status/640597558713286657/photo/1 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Regarding Tebow, his Jaguars #85 jersey is apparently the top-selling jersey on NFL Shop website.  According to ESPN, his Broncos and Eagles jerseys were also top sellers.  He didn't even make the Eagles roster!  Would Jacksonville keep him on their opening-day roster just to appease people that bought his jersey already?  It seems irresponsible to even put it on sale when all he did was get signed to a minimum contract after a try out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31484462/tim-tebow-another-top-selling-jersey-jacksonville-jaguars-no-85

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

26 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Regarding Tebow, his Jaguars #85 jersey is apparently the top-selling jersey on NFL Shop website.  According to ESPN, his Broncos and Eagles jerseys were also top sellers.  He didn't even make the Eagles roster!  Would Jacksonville keep him on their opening-day roster just to appease people that bought his jersey already?  It seems irresponsible to even put it on sale when all he did was get signed to a minimum contract after a try out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31484462/tim-tebow-another-top-selling-jersey-jacksonville-jaguars-no-85

Part of me feels like he’s ultimately just a camp body for Lawrence, Minshew, and other Jags QB to get reps

Honestly surprised we haven't heard about Odell Beckham Jr changing to #3, his college number. You'd have to imagine he would've done that from the start of his pro career had he been able to.

He seems like a single digit type of guy. Not unless he's started branding himself around number 13 like Tom Brady has with 12.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Why irresponsible?

Because they're knowingly selling a jersey that may never be worn in a game.  It's one thing when it's a first round draft pick that is definitely going to make the team and play, but it seems pretty crappy to get people to spend $100 on a jersey when the guy is probably going to be cut.

EDIT:  Maybe he has more than a 50/50 chance of making the Jags - I have no idea.  But for them to have sold his Eagles jersey when he was never anything more than a camp arm was just getting people to waste their money.

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Because they're knowingly selling a jersey that may never be worn in a game.  It's one thing when it's a first round draft pick that is definitely going to make the team and play, but it seems pretty crappy to get people to spend $100 on a jersey when the guy is probably going to be cut.

EDIT:  Maybe he has more than a 50/50 chance of making the Jags - I have no idea.  But for them to have sold his Eagles jersey when he was never anything more than a camp arm was just getting people to waste their money.

If we’re being honest, 99.9999% of all jerseys sold are never worn in a game because they’re merchandise, not equipment. The Jags aren’t tricking people into buying jerseys. If people want Tebow jerseys, why would a team that signs him deprive fans of what they want? 

Especially when the guy is from Jacksonville, won a state title, attended UF, won a BCS title, and is now playing for his college coach in his aforementioned hometown. You’d be an absolute idiot to *not* sell Tebow jerseys in this situation.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

If people are dumb enough to buy a jersey of a guy who might not make the team, that’s on them. Fanatics (who offers 365-day returns on the main site) isn’t forcing people to buy anything. If it wasn’t for sale, people would buy custom Tebow jerseys at a higher price. 

If Tebow signed an NFL contract and is eligible to have his jersey sold via agreements reached with the NFLPA, Nike, and the NFL, there’s no reason Fanatics shouldn’t sell his jersey. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The thing that irritates me about the Tebow jerseys already being available for purchase is how none of the other TEs on the roster have jerseys available for purchase on NFL Shop. Including the team’s veteran starter, James O’Shaughnessy. Yet a guy who hasn’t been in the league since 2015 or played a regular season down in football since 2012, and arguably has a fat chance in hell of making the 53 man roster can immediately have his jersey for sale

Purely a cash grab ploy and people are dumb enough to take the bait.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

The thing that irritates me about the Tebow jerseys already being available for purchase is how none of the other TEs on the roster have jerseys available for purchase on NFL Shop. Including the team’s veteran starter, James O’Shaughnessy. Yet a guy who hasn’t been in the league since 2015 or played a regular season down in football since 2012, and arguably has a fat chance in hell of making the 53 man roster can immediately have his jersey for sale

Purely a cash grab ploy and people are dumb enough to take the bait.

Would people buy a oshaughnessy jersey? That’s why they aren’t sold simple as that.

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

Would people buy a oshaughnessy jersey? That’s why they aren’t sold simple as that.

I don’t fault people for not buying an O’Shaughnessy. However, he is the starting TE.

I know for at least Washington, they have a bunch of non-starters jerseys for sale.

Including, but not limited to-

• RB Peyton Barber

• DL Tim Settle

• CB Danny Johnson

• WR Steven Sims Jr

• WR Kelvin Harmon 

I’m not sure how or if players get paid a percentage of sales, but if I was O’Shaughnessy, I’d be pissed that a camp body TE has his jersey immediately on sale and it’s the top selling jersey in less than a week.

57 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I don’t fault people for not buying an O’Shaughnessy. However, he is the starting TE.

I know for at least Washington, they have a bunch of non-starters jerseys for sale.

Including, but not limited to-

• RB Peyton Barber

• DL Tim Settle

• CB Danny Johnson

• WR Steven Sims Jr

• WR Kelvin Harmon 

I’m not sure how or if players get paid a percentage of sales, but if I was O’Shaughnessy, I’d be pissed that a camp body TE has his jersey immediately on sale and it’s the top selling jersey in less than a week.

They get 2/3 of overall jersey sales if I was oshaghnessy I’d be happy that Tebow is making all those jersey sales because it means more money in my pocket.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

How many times have you heard a player acknowledge in an interview that [insert sport here] is a business?

If James O’Shaughnessy is so hurt that his wildly popular, hometown hero, champion teammate is selling more jerseys than him, he should know that producing 25 REC/1 TD every year isn’t going to solve the problem.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived