NFL Number Changes 2021

DCarp1231

11 hours ago, chakfu said:

What was the AAFC system?

I'm not THAT upset by the loss of a system that was only there since the 70s.

It seems that they kind of reversed what the NFL was doing.
QB (60-69)

FB (70-79)
HB (80-89)
WR/TE (50-59)
OT (40-49)
OG (30-39)
C (20-29)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dont care said:

This is awful, there is no need for a linebacker to wear a low number. I associate 11 with cole Beazley a scrawny slot reciever before I ever would a linebacker.

And if you've watched Parsons play for the last three years, that's the number you associate with him, so it makes sense for him to continue wearing it. Count me as one person who is thankful the NFL relaxed the rules because of that continuity. 

21 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

And if you've watched Parsons play for the last three years, that's the number you associate with him, so it makes sense for him to continue wearing it. Count me as one person who is thankful the NFL relaxed the rules because of that continuity. 

And those who haven’t will go “why the :censored: is a QB playing LB”

1 hour ago, dont care said:

And those who haven’t will go “why the :censored: is a QB playing LB”

And then they'll find out the arbitrary number rule was relaxed and either scream at the clouds or get over it. I do wonder if those people complain every time they attend a high school or college football game.

Ultimately, I think teams are going to limit the number of non-QB, K, or P players will be able to wear 1-19. They have to reserve what...probably 8 spots for these numbers? 3 active QBs, 1 or 2 practice squad QBs, 1 K, 1 P, and maybe 1 practice squad K/P. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

And then they'll find out the arbitrary number rule was relaxed and either scream at the clouds or get over it. I do wonder if those people complain every time they attend a high school or college football game.

“YER IN THE PROS NOW! ACT LIKE IT”

spacer.png

Has Carson Wentz touched off a trend now??? (11 -> 2)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, VikWings said:

IDK why but a LB wearing a number in the teens just feels wrong in the NFL and I watch college football too. I guess it'll just take a little getting used too.

Exactly my thoughts...I am used to Penn State LB wearing single digits or a number in the teens. But in the NFL, it just looks weird.

23 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Cowboys rookie LB Micah Parsons is sticking with 11

spacer.png

I’m far from a Cowboys fan and I really like this decision.

I, too, really like this decision. I honestly thought that I would hate it, but 11 is going to look so good on the field. 

It’s still going to take some getting use to though. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I don't attend high school or college football games so their rules are irrelevant to me.  Not everyone is SPORTS obsessed and attends everything where there's some kind of ball in play.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I get what you are saying here but I just like a professional league to look different than a non but I guess that’s just an old man thing.

52 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

I get what you are saying here but I just like a professional league to look different than a non but I guess that’s just an old man thing.

But what exactly is “professional” about grouping positions by numbers, other than that the league has adhered to those rules for so long that you don’t know any different? 

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't attend high school or college football games so their rules are irrelevant to me.  Not everyone is SPORTS obsessed and attends everything where there's some kind of ball in play.

It would actually be their lack of rules that are irrelevant to you. But I digress. 

13 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

People are allowed to dislike new things without being "old man who hates what's in these days," you know. Sometimes something new happens and people- even young people- don't like it.

I get it- you think this is great- but maybe others dislike it for valid reasons too?

I’m young. I don’t particularly like the overuse of single digits, but I know I’ll get over it eventually. Personally, it’s probably why I’m not making such a big stink about it.

To each their own 

Archived