NFL Number Changes 2021

DCarp1231

12 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

But it's not standardized across all professional football leagues, either, so it doesn't necessarily separate professionals from amateurs. 

Let’s be realistic there is really only one pro football league in the US so for about 50 or so years we have had a standard. I am not saying you have to like it but I think it’s obvious that has been a pro look much like the bottom of the socks were white was a professional standard look which differed from the amateurs.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think they could have kept the same numbering rules. And had temporary exceptions for running out of numbers. Defense is pretty easy because it doesn't need to follow any eligibility rules. And offense isn't hard either. 

iq5b7nF.png

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Is 12 available?

Actually no, WR Trinity Benson has the number currently. But he also had no stats last year so if someone happened to get traded to the Broncos and I was say before training camp I could see it being very easy to get 12 if he wanted to.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:48 PM, dont care said:

And those who haven’t will go “why the :censored: is a QB playing LB”

And if they’re Cowboys fans, they’ll go, “Danny White is like 70. Why did he come out of retirement, become Black, and switch to linebacker?”

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

And if they’re Cowboys fans, they’ll go, “Danny White is like 70. Why did he come out of retirement, become Black, and switch to linebacker?”

I was thinking more drew Bledsoe, so some backup qb no one even knew was on the team but sure.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I was thinking more drew Bledsoe, so some backup qb no one even knew was on the team but sure.

Danny White had a better run in Big D (heh-heh, he said Big D) than Bledsoe did, and Bledsoe was among my favorite players of his era. By the time Drew got to Dallas, he was basically just a statue in the pocket - he was too immobile and injury-prone to help the team much. 

White was a two-position player who served as the Cowboys’ punter and backup quarterback until Staubach retired, then spent several seasons as the team’s starting QB. They went to the NFC title game every year from 1980-82 with White at QB. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Danny White had a better run in Big D (heh-heh, he said Big D) than Bledsoe did, and Bledsoe was among my favorite players of his era. By the time Drew got to Dallas, he was basically just a statue in the pocket - he was too immobile and injury-prone to help the team much. 

White was a two-position player who served as the Cowboys’ punter and backup quarterback until Staubach retired, then spent several seasons as the team’s starting QB. They went to the NFC title game every year from 1980-82 with White at QB. 

Sorry was suppose to be “or” not “so”

Archived