LA Fakers+ LA Snippers

Fixing OKC's 2018 City Uniform

I like what the Thunder tried to do with their 2017-18 City jersey. They tried to take the few identifiable part of their logo and make it part of the uniform. However, the execution makes it the second-worst City edition ever(sorry New Yorkers, but that award belongs to "the City that Never Sleeps"). The gradients grays and the bright yellows muddle what could have been a solid uniform.

spacer.png

In an attempt to fix it, I made 3 prototypes. All three do the same major changes....

• Changes the base from gray to white.
  • Utilizes their signature navy on the neck and shoulders.
  • The two small inserts on the neck become orange and blue to match the stripes.
  • Replaces egg-like color with navy.

1. Prototype One contains just the navy outline.                                                                                                                                       spacer.png
  2. Prototype Two has "OKC" match the logo with a drop-shadow, while the number remains the same.                                                         spacer.png
  3. Prototype Three uses a drop-shadow on both.                                                                                                                                                spacer.png

Being a Lakers fan, I love a good drop-shadow, so naturally, #3 is me favorite, but I want to know what you think. C&C appreciated! 

I really like #2, but like the yellow is used, the light shade of blue would make it pop in the OKC

I'm obviously anti-OKC Thunder, both the team and its branding... but that version 3 is solid. The simplified colors are a huge upgrade from the real thing, and the drop shadow on everything really makes the difference. The asymmetrical colors of the thin slivers on the shoulders are really nice. Maybe a tiny sliver of orange underneath the wordmark would be cool?

On 5/2/2021 at 9:51 PM, NOLAPelicans23 said:

I really like #2, but like the yellow is used, the light shade of blue would make it pop in the OKC

spacer.png

On 5/3/2021 at 1:13 AM, vtgco said:

I'm obviously anti-OKC Thunder, both the team and its branding... but that version 3 is solid. The simplified colors are a huge upgrade from the real thing, and the drop shadow on everything really makes the difference. The asymmetrical colors of the thin slivers on the shoulders are really nice. Maybe a tiny sliver of orange underneath the wordmark would be cool?

I made three versions....

• The literal approach                                                                                                                                                                     spacer.png
  • The outline (which was too orange-heavy to me)                                                                                                                        spacer.png
  •  ...and the blue number outline.                                                                                                                                                    spacer.png