Some Plausible MLB Expansion Teams

raysox

That is much better! The new color scheme is great, the wordmarks are fantastic, and I really like the gold-ish road uniform. The one thing I'd change is on the cap logo, I think closing the open parts of the right side of the C would look better. Everything else is fantastic, this is an incredible set and honestly my favorite of the ones you've put together, even discounting the Charlotte bias. Great work!

San Antonio began bugging me so I ended up redoing their look to make it more cohesive as well. The fiesta star is as much color as i'm gonna put here because my sleeve bands in that color were a little rough on the eyes. But imagine how cool the black alternates with the pink teal and orange are!

Jerseys-San-Antonio-Armadillos-v2.png

Here's my brands along side the divisional opponents

AL-NL-01.png

I like the updates to San Antonio, that's a pretty classy brand. The only thing I don't like is that the fiesta stars are a little tough to see, but I understand why that decision was made. Each teams looks great with their divisional opponents, although from there it kinda looks like Nashville's logo is too wide. Either way, excited to see Nashville and the Expos!

On 5/2/2021 at 11:36 PM, 29texan said:

Not criticizing... everything does look good... 

But I feel like if San Antonio were to ever get an MLB team, they would be called the "Defenders" or "Lone Stars" (S.A.L.S.). 

I think the fans would want them to elevate Missions, I know I would. And it'd be a chance to either throwback to the old black and gold look or go in a new direction, away from navy, scarlet and gold. Armadillos also seems to be more of a West Texas thing, I've never seen them east of Hondo. 

San Antonio Missions Gallery | Trading Card DatabaseSan Antonio Missions Gallery | Trading Card Database

9 hours ago, raysox said:

San Antonio began bugging me so I ended up redoing their look to make it more cohesive as well. The fiesta star is as much color as i'm gonna put here because my sleeve bands in that color were a little rough on the eyes. But imagine how cool the black alternates with the pink teal and orange are!

Here's my brands along side the divisional opponents

I think adding one or two of the colors on the sleeves and pants instead of all three would still work and give the uniforms a big splash that they don't have now. 

10 hours ago, raysox said:

Thanks for taking my suggestion for the tail under the scripts. Looks great!

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the fans would want them to elevate Missions, I know I would. And it'd be a chance to either throwback to the old black and gold look or go in a new direction, away from navy, scarlet and gold. Armadillos also seems to be more of a West Texas thing, I've never seen them east of Hondo. 

San Antonio Missions Gallery | Trading Card DatabaseSan Antonio Missions Gallery | Trading Card Database

I mean, of course. But you have to imagine the groups financing MLB expansion bids aren't in charge of minor league teams and want to call their own shots in terms of branding. Sure there's examples like the Marlins, and Brewers, but The Diamondbacks didn't become the Firebirds just for the sake of tradition. Hard to get that expansion team bump in merch sales if the brand had existed previously. If I had my way, yes the Missions Sounds and Knights would just use that name and there wouldn't be a concept series to be had. But until there is MLB Promotion/Relegation, i'd assume they'd start fresh.

Raysox! How great to see this guy with all the fantastic concepts! I am digging San Antonio Armadillos concept alot! You should put in an armadillo somewhere, maybe a club logo? But still amazing works as always! I am still looking forward to Nashville and Montreal concepts

On 5/7/2021 at 9:44 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I think the issue with the Missions name is that it would be a bit redundant in a league that already has the Padres. They've even been the Padres' affiliate for most of the last 14 years.

18 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

What did you have in mind for Montreal? Hopefully something with duel racing stripes 🤞 

No Expos, that concept has been done a thousand times.

Here's some alternate uniforms

Jerseys-Alternates.png

That’s what I was thinking for the Portland set, I also thought for the white uni would have subliminal plaid. Funny enough, if you every thought of a city uni, an Oregon trail set. Great work all around. 

On 5/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, raysox said:

Lets try this on for size.

Jerseys-Nashville.png

I think you're on to something here. But I think going even more yellow heavy would separate them from the Brewers and be even more on brand for Nashville.