Abbotsford AHL Team concept

Patchey13

With the announcement of the Canucks AHL team moving to Abbotsford, I worked on this concept last night. I always loved the name of the Jr. B team, the Pilots so I leaned into that because of the famous Johnny Canuck Pilot concept that's been around the internet forever.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have to agree that this is an incredible concept, but it does feel a little bit more like a Jets farm team than a Canucks farm team. Maybe removing the little jet all together and just having a standalone 'A' would work better? Or reworking it to be centered on a more humanoid pilot instead of a plane itself?

I'm not sure how to rework this, but it does feel a little too Jets-y as-is.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:47 AM, Patchey13 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I just love the navy blue and kelly green combo. I always imagined that look for the Canucks. 

Anyway, I would go with "Abbotsford Aviators" because of Abbotsford's longstanding aviation programs.

The logo is really nice, and I appreciate the promotion of an existing brand! For that reason, the Jets similarities don't bother me so much.

I don't know if my ideas would actually improve the logo, but I'd be curious to see versions with

a slightly bigger plane AND/OR  the right leg of the A paralleling the angle of the wingspan AND/OR the "highlight" of the plane always in the jersey's base color.

I only say that last one because, at home, the A has no green touching white but the plane does (same for blue & green on the away)

The jerseys are solid; the number font is very appropriate for the concept overall.

I'd love to see if you could integrate the team's current reticle logo as a patch for one shoulder and the main wordmark into the identity (maybe on the helmets?)

Anyways, despite my nitpicking, it's a nicely done concept!

Archived