Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the new Nashville look will not have a Brewers-inspired look in 2015. It is very original.

You tease...

Oh! I forgot to mention the giveaway item they had for Wednesday's final game at Greer:

10616348_10152590419197159_3864825312021

A plastic cup that changes color to blue when it gets cold. Loving the cryptic clues, Sounds!

The Ottawa Champions of the independent minor Can-Am League have unveiled their logos.

Ottawa-logo-300x295.jpg

dOttawa-logo-300x294.jpg

And the cap logo...

O-logo-300x276.jpg

Much like the Redblacks, this team has managed to take a very poor nickname and give them a great logo. I especially like the cap logo.

According to a story on Ballpark Digest, along with the the OKC Redhawks sale, and re-affiliation, the team will rebrand.http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201408227593/minor-league-baseball/news/guber-group-buying-redhawks-ties-to-dodgers-means

Shame, such a good logo set.
Why do I get this funny feeling that the team will become the Oklahoma City Dodgers?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

According to a story on Ballpark Digest, along with the the OKC Redhawks sale, and re-affiliation, the team will rebrand.http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201408227593/minor-league-baseball/news/guber-group-buying-redhawks-ties-to-dodgers-means

Shame, such a good logo set.
Why do I get this funny feeling that the team will become the Oklahoma City Dodgers?

I hope not. Maybe go back to the 86ers? Maybe they don Dodgers blue and become the Bluehawks.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the new Nashville look will not have a Brewers-inspired look in 2015. It is very original.

You tease...

Oh! I forgot to mention the giveaway item they had for Wednesday's final game at Greer:

A plastic cup that changes color to blue when it gets cold. Loving the cryptic clues, Sounds!

I'm throwing cold water on this one too. And I will neither confirm nor deny that I have seen all of the new Sounds' logos.

Cards.png

You tease...

I'm throwing cold water on this one too. And I will neither confirm nor deny that I have seen all of the new Sounds' logos.

So you have seen it....and it has blue as their new primary color. :D:P

The newly-launched independent, minor-pro East Coast Baseball League has revealed the names of its first two member-franchises.

The team set to play in Newburgh, New York has been dubbed the Newburgh Newts.

The team located in Welland, Ontario will be called the Niagara Wild.

ECBL officials have also announced that the creation of logos for the teams will be handled by graphic designers from Zephyr, the official hat supplier to the league.

• 2 weeks later...

Story here.

"Key Chicago Cubs management will be introduced to the media along with Andrew Berlin and Joe Hart on Thursday, September 25 during a press conference at the St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce. In the interim, the South Bend Silver Hawks will be working with the Cubs and the National Association of Minor League Baseball to unveil the new name, logo and uniform during that media event, which will take place at 9 a.m. Eastern Time in the Chamber’s Briefing Room."

I nominate the South Bend Shillelaghs...ties into Notre Dame (when a Fighting Irish wants to get an advantage, he brings the shillelagh...which is why their rivalry trophies with Purdue and USC are both shillelaghs.) and also to hard-hitting baseball (imagine the branding possibilities!)

bYhYmxh.png

I actually pitched some designs to some people within Silverhawks organization a couple of years back. The name is actually pretty cool, throwing back to the Studabaker car...

my_57_stude_17.jpg

It's unfortunate that their entire identity was caught up with that awful "Swoop" logo for so many years.

8AF3qRv.jpg

The RiverCats are now a Giants farm club; I have long thought the Cats should adopt its parent clubs' colors (no matter what they are). Fans of teams often buy minor league gear, especially so if they have the same colors - that way they can blend in at a ballgame and look cool because they are showing support for the farm club too.

Anyway, I would love to see this logo soon. I'd buy it. Even as a Sacramento resident, and Giants fan, and Cats fan, I'm not sure I'd buy their gear. I'd more likely buy Giants gear and wear that to the game.

timmy.png

Spoiler: It'll be the South Bend Cubbies, because that's all you can do on that comparatively short notice.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

8AF3qRv.jpg

The RiverCats are now a Giants farm club; I have long thought the Cats should adopt its parent clubs' colors (no matter what they are). Fans of teams often buy minor league gear, especially so if they have the same colors - that way they can blend in at a ballgame and look cool because they are showing support for the farm club too.

Anyway, I would love to see this logo soon. I'd buy it. Even as a Sacramento resident, and Giants fan, and Cats fan, I'm not sure I'd buy their gear. I'd more likely buy Giants gear and wear that to the game.

Cats have already said they won't be modifying their logos or identity based on the new affiliation.