Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Following the New Orleans Baby Cakes model of "Don't embarrass our players by putting our stupid team name on the uniforms."

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Eeee...

(Florida Fire Frogs)

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 11.44.58 PM.png

(Florida Gators)

logo_-university-of-florida-gators-orang

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

13 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Following the New Orleans Baby Cakes model of "Don't embarrass our players by putting our stupid team name on the uniforms."

Too bad they went the stupid route of using their location identifier "Florida" when clearly theyre in the Florida State League and all 12 freaking teams are in Florida.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I wasn't expecting a team called the "Fire Frogs" to have such generic uniforms.

This might just be me speculating, but the team only has a 3 year lease with Osceola County and they just became a Braves affiliate.

Fast forward to 2020 when the Braves open their new spring training ballpark open in Southwest Florida.  The Braves say they want an FSL team there so the Fire Frogs could be a short term solution.....but that's just me reading the situation.

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

This might just be me speculating, but the team only has a 3 year lease with Osceola County and they just became a Braves affiliate.

Fast forward to 2020 when the Braves open their new spring training ballpark open in Southwest Florida.  The Braves say they want an FSL team there so the Fire Frogs could be a short term solution.....but that's just me reading the situation.

Honestly, I think there's a good chance your speculation may be right.  Especially with only having that 3 year lease.

On 2/14/2017 at 6:58 AM, panthers_2012 said:

The team I worked for this summer, Lake Erie Crushers, got a new stadium name. They're about a month away from releasing the new logo sets for the team. 

FB_IMG_1487084234162.jpg

Is that what the recent cryptic post on their Facebook page is all about? I'll be working in the league this year, so I'm especially curious. The current set looks clean overall, but the primary is perhaps a tad generic.

What's the meaning behind "Crushers" in their instance, anyway?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

10 hours ago, The Mojo Maniac said:

Is that what the recent cryptic post on their Facebook page is all about? I'll be working in the league this year, so I'm especially curious. The current set looks clean overall, but the primary is perhaps a tad generic.

What's the meaning behind "Crushers" in their instance, anyway?

Yes, that's what that post is about. When they started in 2009, the previous owner explained the name "Crushers". Northeast Ohio is known for its wineries and thus the Crushers name was born. It never was told after the press conference announcing the team and the current identity doesn't reflect anything in about being connected to the wines. Our current owner kept the logo set this year (since it was his first year with the team)  and he has invested into a new logo to reflect the connection with the vineyards. IMO,  I liked the logo when it came out, but it's dated. I'm looking forward to the rebrand of the team. What are you doing with the league and if you want to DM me that's fine. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

36 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Yes, that's what that post is about. When they started in 2009, the previous owner explained the name "Crushers". Northeast Ohio is known for its wineries and thus the Crushers name was born. It never was told after the press conference announcing the team and the current identity doesn't reflect anything in about being connected to the wines. Our current owner kept the logo set this year (since it was his first year with the team)  and he has invested into a new logo to reflect the connection with the vineyards. IMO,  I liked the logo when it came out, but it's dated. I'm looking forward to the rebrand of the team. What are you doing with the league and if you want to DM me that's fine. 

I always assumed it was about big hitters (I mean, looking at the logo, can you blame me?). Cool piece of trivia. Thanks!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

I always assumed it was about big hitters (I mean, looking at the logo, can you blame me?). Cool piece of trivia. Thanks!

It does work both ways, but they really want to connect it to the vineyards in the area. Our mascot is a bear named Stomper because he stomps the grapes. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

It does work both ways, but they really want to connect it to the vineyards in the area. Our mascot is a bear named Stomper because he stomps the grapes. 

You mean they couldn't come up with something more related?

Image result for grape costume

(Courtesy of Google)

I'd see the grape thing a lot more if the logo wasn't a baseball player mid-swing. Probably a good thing they're changing it.

33 minutes ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

You mean they couldn't come up with something more related?

Image result for grape costume

(Courtesy of Google)

I'd see the grape thing a lot more if the logo wasn't a baseball player mid-swing. Probably a good thing they're changing it.

With the previous owner, it probably didn't cross his mind. Stomper is a key part to the organization and the current owner wouldn't change it. I can't wait to see the rebrand. 

spacer.png