Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 3/15/2017 at 11:06 AM, JaMikePA said:

A little late to the party, but there's a bit of a story behind this logo.

A few weeks ago, my friends and I were talking about summer internships. One of them said they were going to be a videographer for the Crushers and got the position because her sister-in-law works with the team. When I asked her what her sister-in-law did, she said she designed to new logo, in which my response was "Oooohhhhh.......". 

My friend didn't take offense to it as she and others told her they didn't like the idea of the logo and even thought it looked dumb.

• Like 1

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

8 hours ago, hormone said:

Has anyone kept track of the food? Fresno grizzlies (tacos)...3 styles too, Lehigh valley iron pigs (bacon and cheesesteaks with and without onions), Richmond flying squirrels (brunch), reading fightins (whoopie pies), Brooklyn cyclones (Coney Island franks and now pizza slices), Albuquerque isotopes (cheeseburgers). Didn't the Toledo mud hens do something with eggs vs the bacon team?

New York Apples (World Team Tennis)

AFC Bournemouth -- "the Cherries"

Bakersfield Jam

Denver Nuggets

Kentucky ... Kernels?

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

38 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

After awhile, these food promotions are going to get kinda stale.

Don't know if that pun was intended or not, but either way, I caught it! :P

To be honest, I think it got pretty stupid really quick. I can't remember which was first, but I even thought Fresno Tacos was ridiculous as soon as it came out. It all needs to stop yesterday.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

To be honest, I think it got pretty stupid really quick. I can't remember which was first, but I even thought Fresno Tacos was ridiculous as soon as it came out. It all needs to stop yesterday.

Sounds like these food promotions have left a bad taste in your mouth.

• Like 6

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 3/17/2017 at 5:44 PM, Gothamite said:

The Brooklyn Cyclones are having another food-related promotion this summer, when they will for one day become the Slices. 

Bridge_Open.gif

These are the uniforms:

UniformsSlices.jpg

And the justification:

Two things:

1. "Brooklyn pizza"?

2.  This would be much better if the two teams were actually playing each other. 

Will Mookie throw a garbage can through the press box window after the umpire chokes out Radio Raheem in the 7th inning?   Not sayin', just sayin'

On 3/17/2017 at 6:44 PM, Gothamite said:

The Brooklyn Cyclones are having another food-related promotion this summer, when they will for one day become the Slices. 

Bridge_Open.gif

The pizza looks like it's been impaled by the Brooklyn Bridge and now its lifeless body is just laying there, waiting the the vultures to start picking at it.

Impalings-of-Vlad-the-Impaler.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mania said:

The logo is over-shaded in a PDW-esque way, but I still kind of dig the look overall.

The Griffins wordmark, while not perfect (the G and the r connecting just seems weird), will still probably look very good on a jersey.

I dunno - that awful connector might look equally bad on a jersey.  Shame, because it's not bad apart from that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gwinnett Buttons is great. I'd be down for that.

Oliver Hardy apparently lived in Gwinnett County for a time as a kid (and grew up in various other parts of Georgia). maybe something related to him if they go a "fun" route? If Brandiose gets their hands on it, we could get a swinging Laurel and Hardy anyways, who knows.

Or if they're insistent on keeping Chopper, they could do "Groundhogs". 

Edited by FinsUp1214
Spelling error
  • Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Since Brandiose is involved its going to suck in a vaguely kitschy way anyway, so really "Gwizzlies" is the way to go.

• Like 2
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 minute ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A team in the ABA 2000 is already using that (awful) name.

Holy crap they still aren't dead?

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)