Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

"Buttons was the name all our fans want, but we don't have any ideas for what could be swinging in the logo, so we're going another awful direction."

It's going to be the Sweet Teas. I'm probably going to end up in a cap, but they should really just take my logo idea and run with it (it even works for Brandiose). Buttons has local connection and just enough minor league flair, but the quote from the GM seems to indicate that they saw how popular it was and threw it in the vote so the fans wouldn't riot. We know they don't care about the voting results.

AAA All Star Game looked good. Without the longstanding tradition we have (had?) at the MLB level, it was a good balance between league and team and the jerseys weren't too garish. My cousin looked good on the hill.

• Like 1

I'm currently attending the Isotopes/Bees game and it looks like the Bees are wearing stance socks. They're exactly like these Pirates' ones:

IMG_6774.JPG.b1e27a2b0db27b4f78ff6e91f5ca050c.JPG

I just thought it was interesting as I'd never seen the Bees wear them before until today. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Las Vegas going with Reyes de Plata (Silver Kings) nickname for Tuesday games in August. 

Yeah there's 4 of them. Kane County Cougars, Vasalia Rawhide, the 51's, and the Charlotte Knights

636365100143931655-Visalia-Toros-Jersey.

Kane County hasn't tweeted the new branding but the picture in the first link shows it might be the same general logos

• Like 3

The Hartford Yard Goats are pulling a "What-If Night" at the park tonight and asking "what if" their next choice, the Hartford Praying Mantis, won...

vqFe5URz_400x400.jpg

• Like 1
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

4 minutes ago, Brass said:

The Hartford Yard Goats are pulling a "What-If Night" at the park tonight and asking "what if" their next choice, the Hartford Praying Mantis, won...

vqFe5URz_400x400.jpg

Love the hidden "H" in the bugs head

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brass said:

vqFe5URz_400x400.jpg

That mantis looks very mechanical. Reminds me of an image from my childhood, I want to say a book or movie cover of a robot mantis. I like the colors. 

On 7/15/2017 at 8:37 AM, DiePerske said:

The way minor league sports naming has been going, it would be preferable to have clones. 

And I've said many times that I hate clones too. 

The Braves should absolutely be clones all the way down.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like the Sweet Teas, not really a fan of any choice to be honest.

It's never too soon to consider what the new AA team in Amarillo will be called. I love the movie High Plains Drifter and think it fits Amarillo well. The Amarillo Drifters. I see their colors being predominantly black and white with red trim. I think a good designer could do a lot with that name.

5 hours ago, Brass said:

vqFe5URz_400x400.jpg

Thank God that didn't win.

• Like 1

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

13 hours ago, Rebuy said:

I like the Sweet Teas, not really a fan of any choice to be honest.

It's never too soon to consider what the new AA team in Amarillo will be called. I love the movie High Plains Drifter and think it fits Amarillo well. The Amarillo Drifters. I see their colors being predominantly black and white with red trim. I think a good designer could do a lot with that name.

If Brandoise gets a hold of it, we'll probably wind up with the Amarillo Armadillos. Which is actually not bad, by their standards.

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions)