Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 7/25/2017 at 2:20 PM, SJAnfield said:

I LOVE that Las Vegas look!

Yeah, this is an incredible upgrade over the 51s.

100444-4_500.jpg

I'd buy a 59fifty if they sold them.

DFgxjxFWAAAlTkT.jpg

I also think Visalia Toros is worlds better than "Visalia Rawhide".  Hell, each of those would be an improvement over what the teams are currently wearing.  Except I think that's actually the regular Kane County cap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

If Brandoise gets a hold of it, we'll probably wind up with the Amarillo Armadillos. Which is actually not bad, by their standards.

Well shoot I got beat to what I was going to say! But in all honesty I would not mind seeing a swinging old west sheriff armadillo

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

If Brandoise gets a hold of it, we'll probably wind up with the Amarillo Armadillos. Which is actually not bad, by their standards.

Don't know if anyone actually calls armadillos "dillas," but that was the name of Amarillo's independent-league team for a good 15+ years.

Dillas2.JPG

9 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Amarillo Yellow Armadillos?

• Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

12 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Bees will be throwing back to the old Buzz on the 10th. I hope to catch this game for the childhood nostalgia rush! Hopefully they'll sell some merch as well.

IMG_6820.thumb.JPG.6559c963667581adc3ce96b84cd02157.JPG

They must have some agreement with Georgia Tech for this game...Tech was on the "winning" side of a settlement that originally forced the Salt Lake Buzz to change its name.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/28/2017 at 8:27 PM, FGM13 said:

Amarillo Yellow Armadillos?

of Anaheim

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The fauxback pig is a really great logo, but "Barbecue" is weird and as mentioned, they look almost like Orioles clones rather than Phillies affiliates. 

They should consider taking the fauxback pig and making an occasional alternate cap in thier current colors out of it. It's too good a logo to use just once. 

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I hope it's not Buttons.  Button Gwinnett was a liar, cheat, conman, slave owner, and general all around failure.

Big Mouths is the best option of those given.  Bass fishing is pretty popular at Lake Lanier (and the state in general).  A tiny part of the huge lake runs through Gwinnett, but it's not that much of a stretch for a connection. There's only a few other fish-based identities in MiLB, so it also has room to stand out without being completely absurd like Sweet Teas, Hush Puppies, or Lamb Chops.  Gobblers isn't Brandiose enough.  Needs a modifier or noun in front of it to be Brandiose's style.

Baseball is returning to Luther Williams Field in Macon, Georgia. Specifically, a summer collegiate outfit in the Coastal Plain League. The team has unveiled the five finalists in its "Name the Team" contest. They are:

Macon Bacon
Macon Heat
Macon Hits
Macon Noise
Macon Soul

Frankly, based upon these candidates, I'm of the mind that they should have simply resurrected the Macon Peaches name sported by teams in the South Atlantic League, Southern Association, Southern League, and Southeastern League for 42-and-a-half seasons. 

As of now, only the Macon Bacon moniker has been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

You can provide the team with feedback about the team name finalists at http://www.maconbaseball2018.com

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

Baseball is returning to Luther Williams Field in Macon, Georgia. Specifically, a summer collegiate outfit in the Coastal Plain League. The team has unveiled the five finalists in its "Name the Team" contest. They are:

Macon Bacon
Macon Heat
Macon Hits
Macon Noise
Macon Soul

Frankly, based upon these candidates, I'm of the mind that they should have simply resurrected the Macon Peaches name sported by teams in the South Atlantic League, Southern Association, Southern League, and Southeastern League for 42-and-a-half seasons. 

As of now, only the Macon Bacon moniker has been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

You can provide the team with feedback about the team name finalists at http://www.maconbaseball2018.com

Considering this team is (at least part-)owned by the same folks behind the Savanna Bananas, I think we know the winner already.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, raysox said:

I've said Macon Bacon would be my minor league team name for years, think that's grounds to sue?

Sure thing, you just have to prove intent to use it, with documentation and proof that it was underway. Piece of cake, right?

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions)