Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The winged A by itself isn't bad. It's actually pretty restrained for a Brandiose design (although I could do without the green pattern on the wings). However I agree with everyone else about the bug logo. The image of the hat was my first look at the logo and my first thought was honestly "Why does this frog/hornet hybrid have a John Deere riding lawnmower on it's head?"

• Like 1

Gwinnett Stripers. Named after the striped bass. Not a fan of the name, but the logos and (most of the) uniforms are decent. Red, light green, blue.

Home white, road gray. Alt in bright green and what appear to be striped pants?. Nice fauxback with the old Braves feather sleeves (And they had Phil Niekro model it, pretty cool).

Not the best ever, but not bad (in my opinion).

EDIT: Grabbing pictures from a newspaper. Apparently everything's pinstriped, including the roads.

Stripers uniforms

5a2a07adae773.image.jpg?resize=750,422

It's a good team name and good brand....but it's not a Triple-A caliber team name nor brand.  (Unless it's the name of the Yankees' affiliate-come to think of it, "Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Stripers" rolls off the tongue pretty well)

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

The bass jumping out of the water and the tail logos are way too complicated. Looks like a mess from a distance. Also, the worm logo is totally unnecessary. 

Gwinnett and Augusta aren’t swings and misses, but Brandiose just sort of popped up to second on these.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, tron1013 said:

Over/under on how long it will take for a local news reporter to inadvertently call the team the Gwinnett Strippers on air? A cross-promotion with the Clermont Lounge would be hilarious as well. 

At the start of every season they're going to have to explain this to the team because I'd guess half the roster would call them the Strippers otherwise.

I really like that leaping full-body fish. The script has a sort of '70s-'80s NPB feel to it. It's too busy in places and the keener eyes are already on the details (the stitching on the baseball looks like it was lifted from another design house entirely,) but it does make me want a hat. That's better than most Brandiose efforts.

The pinstripe/headspoon combo on the jerseys is way too much, though. Pick one.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Especially Sundays.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a Braves fan and local Atlantan (Gwinnett is very close to ATL), I was looking forward to this update. I think what they mailed in is half cooked. There are some decent parts, as well as some not so good components.

I was hoping for the name “Gwinnett Buttons.” Had a cool minor league feel to it but is historical to the region. The county is named after Button Gwinnett- one of the founding fathers who signed the Declaration of Independence and was also head of state for Georgia for a spell.

The name feels kinda hokey. Even though we do have good fishing here (though not really my thing) and apparently striped bass. “Stripers” just feels forced. So forced that my phone just tried to default to “strippers.”

The wordmark and fish logo look good. The color balance is nice. Looking at that, I would infer that the club would maintain its heavy dosage of navy and red, but now with added touches of light green.

However, looking at the uniforms, the red is nearly void completely. I’d say the green is way too prominent. A tiny bit of green (cap logo, small trim piece here or there) with the red and blue would have done wonders while also retaining a clearer tie-in to the parent club. Right now, there’s just an odd disconnect from the color balance of the wordmark to that of the uniforms.

Pinstripes are great. Headspoons are great. The two together are awful. I shake my head any time I see a club combine the two. Also, the alternate is way too loud to use that color. Again, perhaps navy blue with touches of green would have helped. That green is bright so a little goes a long way.

Too many alternate logos. Waters down the brand a bit. I’d probably stick with the main fish and the red G with the fish and call it a day. Everything else is overkill.

I grade it out about a 5 or 6 out of 10. Lot of potential. Lot of weird decisions. Won’t get over the name or the overkill of lime green and complete abscence of red.

• Like 3

My problem with brandiose lately is that there’s too many alternate logos, way too many hats, and absurd colors. Several teams that they’ve redone the last few years have featured a jersey in that green color. 

As a Braves fan, I hate this rebrand. Ugh...

• Like 2

I'm just happy to seem some road pinstripes..... and I like the colour scheme used along with the Braves inspired alt...... I just wish that "Gwinnett" wordmark was used on more than just the Road jersey. It's miles better than the "Stripers" one. 

Also, Stripers is just a bad name. How many times are people gonna call them the Strippers? 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

16 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

My problem with brandiose lately is that there’s too many alternate logos, way too many hats, and absurd colors. Several teams that they’ve redone the last few years have featured a jersey in that green color. 

I think that's my problem with MiLB identities (and some MLB). Is it necessary to have what sometimes seems like a home hat, an away hat, a home alternate hat, an away alternate hat and a Sunday alternate hat, each with their own different logo? There should really only be a home/away hat and an alternate.

And all four of Gwinnett's hats are the same colour, so it's especially unnecessary. If you're going to have so many hats, at least change up the colour on some of them.

• Like 2

IEI5Tg1.png