Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

West Michigan Whitecaps to play as Beer City Bung Hammers

June 11, 2018 - 13:12 PM

The West Michigan Whitecaps, Single-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, will change their name to the Beer City Bung Hammers for one game this season. The name change is a nod to the Whitecaps hometown of Grand Rapids’ status as […]

Read More...

Between the Creamies and the Bung Hammers, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw teams get temporary rebrands of "Hairy Banjos" and "Skin Flutes" here soon.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yep, the Staten Island Yankees have re-branded themselves after a meme from 2015. 

Although "Pizza Rats" was the winner of a fan vote for new permanent name back in 2016, this is for Saturday night games this season.  Or maybe more, if they sell enough stuff?

https://www.pizzaratsbaseball.com/

DSC_0167.jpg?format=750w

DSC_0062.jpg?format=1500w

DSC_0092.jpg?format=1500w

I fully expect to see a ton of these caps around the city.

DSC_0040.jpg

As much as I might usually object to a seventh color in their scheme, the white cheese just looks wrong.  Should use a yellow shade instead, something that could compliment the tan of the crust. 

Of course, Brandiose gotta Brandiose, so there's a ton of logos. They range from inoffensive to terribly overcooked, with a bat/pennant/pizza mash-up that must have sounded clever in a pitch meeting  The mascot logo is the best of the bunch - he isn't swinging a bat, which is an improvement.

image.pngNYC-01.png?format=300wRate.png?format=300w

PizzaFlag-01.png?format=300wPizza.png?format=300w

Isn't this whole meme a little... stale, though?  Like at least two years too late?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Isn't this whole meme a little... stale, though?  Like at least two years too late?

Not only is it stale, it's not particularly Staten Islandy either. The Pizza Rat was such a uniquely subway phenomenon, and Staten Island, despite its MTA-administered railroad, does not share in the rest of the city's subway culture.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Getting old fast, but I will say that the Pizza Rats script across the jersey is beautiful.

That bit sure is.  Putting "Staten Island" across the top seems too minor league even for a short-season Class A ballclub.  Especially when it's right there on the sleeve patch.  And I think this is one that could benefit from a keyline.  But I love the script.

DSC_0092.jpg?format=1500w

• Like 1

I'd like to see that SI monogram w/o the bat. It'd look a helluva lot better on their caps than that Y that doesn't match anything.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think I love everything about this, especially the delicious script.  It would be ridiculous to use it full time, but this is right up there with the Fresno Tacos for me.

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.