Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Lansing Lugnuts let fans choose new name for one game

July 12, 2018 - 18:28 PM

The Lansing Lugnuts, Single-A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, are letting fans pick a temporary nickname Choose Your Own Adventure-style for a game later this season. The Lugnuts, one of the trailblazers in the era of Minor League Baseball’s […]

Read More...

Humongous Melonheads is the only truly valid name for a Backyard Baseball themed night

• Like 2

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

13 hours ago, Dilbert said:

The new Atlantic League team in High Point NC in 2019 has released their name and logo.

a9b596_cb47eaa246f944ccba6959fd5ee7f127~

Wow...there’s a whole lot going on here, to the point the design as a whole is weaker than its constituent elements.

I like the High Point script quite a bit, but it’s dwarfed by the giant Rockers block text with the inexplicable chrome/hotrod font. Worse still the NC on the chair looks like an afterthought (and introduces a third font).

Another issue with the NC is that it distracts from the fact that the back of the chair is meant to be home base...which goes nicely with the balls and bats integrated into the rocking chair. But could someone explain to me why the chair is rocketing through space? It’s like the team decided on the name, but then started to worry that it was too boring. 

The whole thing looks like a case study in logo design by committee...or a cautionary tale on what happens when you give a client everything they ask for regardless of whether it makes good design sense. 

• Like 2

@Thaumatrope said it all on the megathread.

1 hour ago, Thaumatrope said:

Wow...there’s a whole lot going on here, to the point the design as a whole is weaker than its constituent elements.

I like the High Point script quite a bit, but it’s dwarfed by the giant Rockers block text with the inexplicable chrome/hotrod font. Worse still the NC on the chair looks like an afterthought (and introduces a third font).

Another issue with the NC is that it distracts from the fact that the back of the chair is meant to be home base...which goes nicely with the balls and bats integrated into the rocking chair. But could someone explain to me why the chair is rocketing through space? It’s like the team decided on the name, but then started to worry that it was too boring. 

The whole thing looks like a case study in logo design by committee...or a cautionary tale on what happens when you give a client everything they ask for regardless of whether it makes good design sense.