Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Ugh....my local minor league team (and team i thought would never play this game) is doing a what could've been night.  The Clearwater Threshers will play as the Clearwater BeachDogs in August.

https://www.milb.com/clearwater/news/the-clearwater-beach-dogs-to-debut-on-what-could-have-been-night/c-286086510

...at least its not food...

cut.jpg

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the West Coast League (summer college league) will be adding a franchise in Clark County, Washington starting next season.

They'll play in Ridgefield (a rising community just north of Vancouver) at the Outdoor Recreation Complex there. It's a brand new stadium with seating at 1800 people.

They're going to announce the nickname at the end of summer, but I have one idea that should work: Clark County Taters.

Clark County since the team will represent the entire county (and adding 'county' to the name helps separate it from Cowlitz) and Taters since the team is playing in Ridgefield (whose high school teams are the Spudders) AND is used in baseball lingo.

Lake Monsters to play game as Vermont Maple Kings

July 17, 2018 - 14:02 PM

The only professional sports team in the state of Vermont, the Single-A Vermont Lake Monsters, is paying homage to the state’s syrupy heritage with a one-game rebrand later this season. The team will take the field as the Vermont Maple […]

Read More...

On 7/15/2018 at 7:40 AM, DNAsports said:

Speaking of patriotic, they used to have logos incorporating an eagle. 

FrederickKeys2.gif

Featuring Jayson Werth pre long hair with some sweet sideburns @DC in Da House w/o a Doubt

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-CAN7vr2NGfXLhI30hNF

I think it would be a good idea to bring back that eagle logo, but try to modernize it.

Another idea I have is maybe they should try to incorporate music imagery into their logo.

Keys are definitely due for an upgrade. I just hope they stay black and orange, which I assume they will as long as they're an Orioles affiliate.

As for the Werth picture, I have a small story on that. When I was like 8 or 9 maybe I went to a Keys game and got a pack of cards of the entire team. I was interested in them for like 20 minutes and then they sat in my closet for 15+ years. Fast forward to a year or two ago, I find those cards and flip through em. No name player after no name player. And then sure enough, there's a face I recognize, young Mr. Werth. Really cool stumbling upon that. Funny how the world works. That's the best part about MiLB to me. Being able to look back years later and say oh wow I saw that guy play

90758391980.gif

Yeah, way too busy.  The colors are great, but too much crammed into this one.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 7/14/2018 at 2:09 PM, DNAsports said:

Personally, I think the next MiLB team that needs a fresh new look has to be my hometown Frederick Keys. The primary is terrible and dated:

3gplmzioefvxxyio46un.gif

amd the cap cap logo isn't any better:

9gjzne7xfid02ufaguup.gif

I'm sure Brandiose can give them this stuff...

1. Music note with a face shaped like an 'F' or 'K' 

2. Firework with a face swinging a baseball bat

3. An F+K combination with fireworks and music notes

4. Overly designed wordmark made up of fireworks and music notes

am I missing anything?

• Like 2

On 7/16/2018 at 11:48 AM, Gothamite said:

I disagree - this is pretty bad.

33985677_1650089625044985_61392017715888128_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=466f9e66f56daef26f16f7cf6c84428e&oe=5BDC1D38

The basic idea is good, but there's just too much there.  The baseball seams in the eyes are especially egregious.  The two uses of stars are also odd.  I even think it might be better with one-color lettering instead of adding an outline to that font with its fairly busy serifs, or at least flip it to make white text with a red outline.  The whole thing becomes a mess at smaller sizes.

6342jH9CpB-BJXLXXElFODupnNhvQhJ8fm5DB8Kf

Maybe the inclusion of red in his eyes is supposed to indicate that that TOMcat is HIgh.

Edit: I see I was beaten to this joke. Credit to NicDB.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/07/18/finalists-unveiled-for-colorado-springs-pioneer-league-team-name/

This is bad.

Colorado Springs Happy Campers

The Happy Campers celebrates Colorado Springs’ positive attitude and our love of nature, camping and all things outdoors.

Colorado Springs Lamb Chops

The largest and highest quality lamb in the world, the Lamb Chops is a nod to the World Famous Colorado Lamb. We’ve got the chops!

Colorado Springs Punchy Pikas

A small but fierce critter that calls Pikes Peak home, known for its iconic forceful bark.

Colorado Springs Throttle Jockeys

Aim high! The Throttle Jockeys is a tribute to our brave pilots who train and call Colorado Springs home.

Rocky Mountain Oysters

It’s a classic Minor League Baseball name in the making, this original cowboy fare has already been made famous at Colorado fairs, festivals and baseball games.

Throttle Jockeys has my vote. Who would name their team after an animal testicle?

Signature intentionally left blank

I thought they were keeping the Sky Sox name! By what standards are any of these names even remotely as good?

I hope baseball fans in Colorado Springs raise hell about this until they agree to keep the Sky Sox.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Green Bay Bullfrogs (Northwoods League, summer-collegiate) holding a rename-the-team contest to coincide with new ballpark in 2019.

I have confirmed with ownership that they WILL be accepting votes for "Keep them the Bullfrogs," and if it's the most popular name, it'll stay.

They're moving to Ashwaubenon, a GB suburb known for its proximity to Lambeau (literally across the street).

Fox Valley Foxes, maybe?  Ever since the original Foxes became the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, I've been waiting for the Foxes to return.

If "Throttle Jockey" isn't a euphemism for masturbation, I don't know what is.

• Like 8
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.