Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The whole idea is nuts.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:33 AM, MBurmy said:

Green Bay Bullfrogs (Northwoods League, summer-collegiate) holding a rename-the-team contest to coincide with new ballpark in 2019.

I have confirmed with ownership that they WILL be accepting votes for "Keep them the Bullfrogs," and if it's the most popular name, it'll stay.

I just submitted "Fox River Foxes" as the new name.

The Timber Rattlers have one of the best selling brands in MiLB and won't be reviving the Foxes identity anytime soon.  Since the Bulldogs are moving out of Green Bay proper, but to another town on the river; they may as well use this as an opportunity to tie the entire region's baseball history together.  And Foxes has the added bonus of being a very Northwoods-y animal.

I was looking through MiLB team logos and I saw the Pulaski Yankees wordmark.

1947_pulaski__yankees-primary-2015.png

I then realized that with a few tweaks, dropping the "Pulaski" and possibly thickening the stroke while changing the color to white, the New York Yankees could place it on their blue spring training jerseys and call it a day.

8 hours ago, NicDB said:

Since the Bulldogs are moving out of Green Bay proper, but to another town on the river

Well... technically.   But they’re moving to a contiguous suburb of Green Bay, and an innermost neighborhood to boot.  The new stadium is, what, four blocks from Lambeau Field?

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I was looking through MiLB team logos and I saw the Pulaski Yankees wordmark.

1947_pulaski__yankees-primary-2015.png

I then realized that with a few tweaks, dropping the "Pulaski" and possibly thickening the stroke while changing the color to white, the New York Yankees could place it on their blue spring training jerseys and call it a day.

:blink:

You do know that the Pulaski logo is based on the New York Yankees logo, right?

They've used versions of that script on jackets since at least the 1940s, although I don't think they've ever put it on BP tops.

PAA_Malkin_Lecture_Casey_Stengel.jpg

joe.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Well... technically.   But they’re moving to a contiguous suburb of Green Bay, and an innermost neighborhood to boot.  The new stadium is, what, four blocks from Lambeau Field?

It's been an incredibly contentious issue locally. The Bullfrogs essentially leveraged GB and Ashwaubenon against one another to get the best deal. And there's the perception (right or wrong) is that Ashwaubenon has been undermining development in the rest of Brown County for years.  

I don't think it's entirely a coincidence that the team has decided to at least flirt with the idea of renaming the club now.  They never hinted that would be the case when a new Green Bay facility was still on the table.

The Brooklyn Cyclones are have unveiled jerseys for their annual Seinfeld Night.

SeinclonesWordmark.png

SeinclonesJersey3Side.jpg

And in 2019 news, the Cyclones are also letting fans vote on their one-day name change for the next year's Seinfeld Night. 

They will be the Brooklyn Marble RyeDouble Dippers, Long Island Dingos, or Rockaway Whales.  And they're selling t-shirts with each of the four names, which give us our best look at the logos.

9870.jpg9873.jpg9872.jpg9871.jpg

I don't know enough about Seinfeld to know if those are clever or not.

• Like 7

As a massive Seinfeld fan, those are all incredible. I have tickets to the game and plan on grabbing one of those jerseys from this year if they are on sale.

• Like 4
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

:blink:

You do know that the Pulaski logo is based on the New York Yankees logo, right?

They've used versions of that script on jackets since at least the 1940s, although I don't think they've ever put it on BP tops.

PAA_Malkin_Lecture_Casey_Stengel.jpg

joe.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Of course. That's why I said it. I think it would be a nice change to see instead of the "NY" plastered everywhere 

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So then why invoke the Pulaski Yankees as the starting point?  I'm confused.

I said that I'd like to see the Yankees put that script on their ST/BP jersey instead of the "NY". I'm not sure what's confusing about that.

Oh, I get that.

I was just wondering why you said "the Yankees should use the Pulaski Yankees wordmark on their BP jerseys, only take away the "Pulaski bit" instead of just saying "the Yankees should use their wordmark".  ? 

Doesn't matter, no biggie.  Just thought I was missing something with that roundabout path.

• Like 1

Minor league team to be name for fried bull private parts?

July 24, 2018 - 17:29 PM

The Triple-A Colorado Springs Sky Sox are moving to San Antonio next season. The city’s baseball void will be filled by the short-season Single-A Helena Brewers, who are moving in and taking on a new name. With both the Sky […]

Read More...