Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

18 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Gloworms with a florescent color FTW!  I'd be a fan

I'd be ok with the other space names too.

Gee, I wonder why you, of all people, would support naming a team after something that glows...

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

They got to do Trash Pandas... it's probably the best choice of a rather crappy list (Puffy Head Bird Legs?!? How the hell do you make a mascot out of that name... or a logo even?)

On 7/27/2018 at 12:59 AM, Bmac said:

I didn't really mind the Baby Cakes or Yard Goats or Jumbo Shrimp. But this latest batch is horrible. They're just putting random words together now. It has become a contest to see who can come up with the most ridiculous name.

But that's only because all minor league teams are mandated by Untied States law to work with Brandlose.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

To save you a click:

Army Ants
Sound off! The Army’s Redstone Arsenal serves as a center for missile and national defense programs and employs more than 40,000 members of our community.

Comet Jockeys
“Rocket City” was put on the map for its cutting-edge aerospace development. Comet Jockeys is a celebration of our brave astronauts who explore outer space.

GloWorms
GloWorms are rare tiny bioluminescent creatures that call the caves at Dismals Canyon in North Alabama home, one of few places in North America!

Lunartics
We are home to some of the wildest mad scientists facing today’s challenges in space and technology. You’d have to be a “Lunartic” to do that!

Moon Possums
A scavenger at heart, these local critters are known for hanging around and having a good time with their family – just like going to ballgame!

Puffy Head Bird Legs
No joke! It’s lingo coined by our astronauts for body fluid moving from feet to head in outer space due to the lack of gravity!

Space Chimps
A tribute to Miss Baker, one of the first animals safely launched into space. She is buried on the grounds at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center.

Space Sloths
A nod to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, the Space Sloths is up there with classic Minor League Baseball names like IronPigs, Flying Squirrels, Chihuahuas and Jumbo Shrimp.

ThunderSharks
Mix the powerful thunder of North Alabama’s storms with the ultra-strong, sleek determination of the shark and you end up with the personality of our community: willing to attack any problem. Visiting teams won’t mess with our ThunderSharks.

Trash Pandas
(Slang for raccoon) Our community is known for engineering, and no creature in our galaxy is as smart, creative, determined and ingenious a problem solver – dedicated to the challenge at hand – as our local raccoons!

6uXNWAo.png

ThunderSharks is the only decent name on the list, and while I'd love to see logos for the Space Sloths and Puffy Head Bird Legs, seeing a ThunderShark would be incredible, if done right.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Happy Little Turtles: Daytona Tortugas to hold Bob Ross Weekend

August 2, 2018 - 17:56 PM

The Daytona Tortugas will kick off their upcoming “Bob Ross Weekend” with some pretty sweet specialty jerseys. The jerseys, to be worn August 10, include the Tortugas’ logo with Bob Ross’s distinctive hair, holding a paint brush instead of baseball […]

Read More...

You know, I used to argue with @Ferdinand Cesarano constantly that minor league teams should have their own identities, 100% separate from their parent clubs.

While I still hold to that line of thinking, if this is what MiLB teams are going to do with it? Give me back the clones. Least clones looked professional.

• Like 3

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Bowie Baysox commemorate Shark Week as the Baysharks

August 5, 2018 - 14:48 PM

The Bowie Baysox, Double-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, take the field today as the Bowie Baysharks. The team will wear uniforms inspired by The Discovery Channel’s toothy extravaganza, Shark Week, which marked its 30th year this year. The uniforms […]

Read More...

I guess it's okay for a one time thing. However I've always had an issue with an Orioles affiliate having Sox in it's team name. Even the Bay part of the team's name has always been difficult for me to accept. Bowie, Maryland is landlocked. It does not border the Chesapeake Bay. In fact there's an entire county (Anne Arundel County) between Bowie (in Prince George's County) and the bay. I do think Baysharks would be a cool name for a team actually located closer to a bay than Bowie is though.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Buffalo Bisons celebrate Superhero Night with Super Celery uniforms

August 7, 2018 - 18:24 PM

The Triple-A Buffalo Bisons will become the second minor league baseball team to wear celery-themed uniforms this season when they take the field in Super Celery uniforms this weekend. The celery uniforms are based on a racing mascot who competed […]

Read More...