Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Why is the "club de beisbol" offset to the left? It also bothers me how the outermost black stroke on the "Toros" script interrupts the white outline on the roundel. Why the subtle gradient in the middle?

toros_de_tijuana_0_142719.jpg

That said, it beats what it replaced. I get that the "T" is probably supposed to be bull horns... but it failed.

Mexican baseball has always intrigued me. The curious relationship of LMB with MLB and Mexico's own minor leagues are quite interesting.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...

New duds for Lehigh Valley.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140224&content_id=68265684&vkey=pr_&fext=.jsp&sid

I think a lot of it tries too hard, but I'll be damned if I don't really like that BFBS Friday cap. The jersey has none of the orange that I think just makes the look work, though.

Do not like the all black uniform and the bacon hat is just plain awful. I love the I-Beam liberty bell logo, though. 1/3 is good in baseball, though, so I guess this works? ...

Here are the new hats by day.

Friday home (Molten Pig):

Official_Molten_Cap_1_300.jpg

Saturday Home (Bacon):

Official_Bacon_Cap_1_300.jpg

Sunday Home (Liberty Bell):

Official_Liberty_Bell_Cap_1_300.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

http://smellthechange.com/

Unfortunately I can't get pictures off the website.

They have a new 'Forged from steel' uniform with the pig colored dark grey and orange, a new set with a bacon hat-and a bacon-themed script (The Word pigs underlined with a bacon strip. Also the pants have bacon striping. I guess they're going ham (punny) with this new theming) , and a Liberty set that's light blue and has a bell logo (I'm assuming this is based off of the Phillies' light blue uniforms, and the bell is made of steel which the LV is known for). They also have a new logo on their BP helmets. Pretty cool all around, and I love the bacon hat, especially considering they're a minor league team. I bet that's going to be a popular item on their shop, from a marketing standpoint it's genius.

I'e lived in the Valley my whole life so some bias, but these are bad-ass,

Ballpark Business is reporting that the Nogales Desert Ghosts of the all-but-defunct independent American West Baseball League have apparently been resurrected as the Yuma Desert Ghosts of the proposed indy Western Association of Professional Baseball. Flynnagain Productions is responsible for designing the team's new logo package.

yuma-desert-ghosts-logos-by-flynagain.jp

http://ballparkbiz.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/nogales-desert-ghosts-and-new-league-take-on-yuma/

Still not sure what league they're playing in, or if they'll ever play a game, but the Yuma Desert Ghosts have started trickling out their uniform design starting with their home and away caps.

BceQKMuIcAAO7AO.jpg

BceQPSGIgAAdlH7.jpg

Hmm. That first logo, with some modifications of course, wouldn't be a terrible logo for the Arizona Diamondbacks.

But yeah. That second logo looks like a :censored:.

This just brings back the UK Wildcat penis tongue nightmare all over again. Now THIS looks more like a legitimate argument than PenisTongueGate.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

I have to say I think it is kind of a down grade for the IronPigs. I liked the brick pig logo hat they had before better. This kind of feels like random ideas rather than one identity.

They're all purely alternates.

And the bacon uniform is sweet. They have a script 'Pigs underlined in Bacon. For a minor league team, I think it works

The BP logo is nice. The rest can burn.

Really? That's the one I don't like

That bacon hat is hysterical. I LOVE how the made the tail on the Pigs script bacon as well.

If they were a major league team, it would be horrible. But I think it's perfect for the minors, and I thought that underlining Pigs with bacon was clever. And as I said, great way to sell merchandise

The BP logo is nice. The rest can burn.

Really? That's the one I don't like

You have to understand, their name and logos are already so far out there to begin with... but the logos were well-designed and the team had a semi-professional look to them. That gave the absurdity of their name and mascot room to breathe. This is just taking the punchline of the joke and adding "LOLZ #YOLO" to it.