Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Frontier League announced their schedule today. Notably missing is the Traverse City Beach Bums and the Normal Cornbelters. 

The Beach Bums, along with their stadium, were sold to a group led by the Midwest League West Michigan Whitecaps and will play, under a new team name, in the Northwoods League next season. Here's the statement from the Beach Bums: https://traversecitybeachbums.com

According to this article, the Cornbelters might be moving to the collegiate league level, but no official statement yet from the Cornbelters organization. https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/09/27/normal-cornbelters-no-decision-on-2019-league/

I'm very upset that the Cornbelters are leaving the FL. They were my second favorite team in the league.

Edited by panthers_2012
Accidentally labeled Whitecaps as a member of Northwoods League

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

26 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Frontier League announced their schedule today. Notably missing is the Traverse City Beach Bums and the Normal Cornbelters. 

The Beach Bums, along with their stadium, were sold to a group led by the Northwood League West Michigan Whitecaps and will play, under a new team name, in the Northwoods League next season. Here's the statement from the Beach Bums: https://traversecitybeachbums.com

Looked up Traverse City to see what they are known for and what would make a good new team name, and saw cherries mentioned in the summary paragraph. If this was Brandiose, we all know it would be the Fightin' Cherries. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

1 minute ago, Green27 said:

Looked up Traverse City to see what they are known for and what would make a good new team name, and saw cherries mentioned in the summary paragraph. If this was Brandiose, we all know it would be the Fightin' Cherries. 

Well fun fact, Traverse City gets a lot of tourists and that's why they were named the Beach Bums. If I were the new owners, I would keep the Beach Bums name, but get new logos.

• Like 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

5 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Well fun fact, Traverse City gets a lot of tourists and that's why they were named the Beach Bums. If I were the new owners, I would keep the Beach Bums name, but get new logos.

Makes sense. Their old logos seem very similar to the old Daytona Cubs or Asheville Tourists logos. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

2 hours ago, Green27 said:

Or Cherry Pickers! haha 

A cherry name could lead to an interesting reddish black color.  *dreams*

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, Green27 said:

My parents and my brother all live in Traverse City...something with cherries is appropriate, along with anything related to lakes. (Lots of water and boats there.)