Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

9 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

So a vibe is a s'more?

That's Toasty Vibes, the "flaming, anthropomorphic, sunglasses-wearing" mascot that team GM Chris Phillips describes as the "s'more I want to hang out with".

Hey, Chris, don't sell Toasty short. He's more than just a sweet treat that's enjoyed by the fire. He's also a cure for the munchies I'm willing to bet you're experiencing right now. I mean, given Colorado's track-record as one of the first two U.S. states to legalize recreational use of cannabis, I'm betting that "toasty vibes" of a another variety played a significant role in the brainstorming that led to this identity being adopted.

"Being an attitude, a feeling, an emotion, that allows us to do a million different things. The possibilities are limitless." - Chris Phillips

Yep. You were definitely stoned when you signed-off on this, Chris.  

Rocky Mountain Vibes Baseball? More like Rocky Mountain Vibes BAKED-ball. 

I remember when a dude used to get high as hell and post stream of consciousness on here. He got laughed off the board. Nowadays, that approach gets you a contract with MiLB.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

"It's a name that's totally about weed, but we have to pretend it's not about weed. What else can we blaze up?"

BINGO!

I'm willing to bet that team GM Chris Phillips and the front-office team were stoned when they signed off on this. I mean, just listen to Phillips wax lyrical about the reasoning for going with the name.

"Being an attitude, a feeling, an emotion, that allows us to do a million different things. The possibilities are limitless."

Cue the Grateful Dead on the PA system and break-out the tie-dyed team jerseys. "Rocky Mountain Vibes BAKED-ball... it's a trip, man!"

Gonna assume nobody thought to sanity-check the heavy usage of outdoor activity-related fire in iconography for a place that is less than a decade removed from multiple devastating wildfires and at a time when massive devastating wildfires are in the news.

I figure that type of research is boring for Brandiose's crew of morons.

• Like 7
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

18 minutes ago, Wings said:

Glad the Hillsboro Hops were designed by another firm or I might be watching the Hillsboro Hipster Sasquatch instead. 

I mean technically the Eugene Emeralds are a Brandiose design, and they have in fact, worn hipster PDX uniforms!

portlandia-eugene-emeraldsjpg-5a2773f663 

• Like 2

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

6 minutes ago, Green27 said:

I mean technically the Eugene Emeralds are a Brandiose design, and they have in fact, worn hipster PDX uniforms!

portlandia-eugene-emeraldsjpg-5a2773f663 

Those unis were awful but at least the Emeralds logo is a tolerable Brandiose design. 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, mike1990 said:

Louisville and Nashville are, believe it or not, in different leagues. Louisville is in the International League, Nashville is in the Pacific Coast League, for some reason. So they aren't really rivals, they never play each other.

Thought I'd point that out. 

Oh... that must have slipped my mind. I thought Triple-A and ended up confusing that with Pacific Coast/International. My bad.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

7 hours ago, rams80 said:

Gonna assume nobody thought to sanity-check the heavy usage of outdoor activity-related fire in iconography for a place that is less than a decade removed from multiple devastating wildfires and at a time when massive devastating wildfires are in the news.

I figure that type of research is boring for Brandlose's crew of morons.

Fix'd.

• Like 1

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

19 hours ago, rams80 said:

Agreed. Not only that, but massive wildfires are projected to increase in frequency and severity going forward. While California gets a lot of attention due to the number of people effected by fires, the entire west experiences frequent (and devastating) wildfires. It's worth noting that we've already seen one sports brand emerge from this new wildfire reality: the Arizona Hot Shots of the AAF, and it would not surprise me to see more going forward (Smokejumpers anyone?). 

However, I would argue that the days of fire-related brands (especially relating to wild fires), being "safe" is probably coming to an end. Then again, we've managed to have Hurricanes and Quakes at various levels of sports without incident, so it's possible this will blow over as well. 

20 hours ago, MBurmy said:

And the winner is...NONE OF THE ABOVE!

Say hello to the Rocky Mountain Vibes:
DsYsI_dUcAIQM2y.jpg

Repeating myself from the Forward Madison thread:

Pink is the new black. Book it.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

32 minutes ago, Thaumatrope said:

Agreed. Not only that, but massive wildfires are projected to increase in frequency and severity going forward. While California gets a lot of attention due to the number of people effected by fires, the entire west experiences frequent (and devastating) wildfires. It's worth noting that we've already seen one sports brand emerge from this new wildfire reality: the Arizona Hot Shots of the AAF, and it would not surprise me to see more going forward (Smokejumpers anyone?). 

However, I would argue that the days of fire-related brands (especially relating to wild fires), being "safe" is probably coming to an end. Then again, we've managed to have Hurricanes and Quakes at various levels of sports without incident, so it's possible this will blow over as well. 

Not to mention Fire (Chicago, MSL), Avalanche (Colorado, NHL), Tornadoes (Worcester, former independent minor league baseball Can-Am League), Volcanoes (Salem-Keizer, Minor League Baseball), Blizzard (Green Bay, Indoor Football League), Cyclones (Iowa State, NCAA), etc.

(I'm not counting names like Storm, Thunder and Lightning, as they don't necessarily attain the same threat level as the aforementioned forces of nature and other disasters.)

This might make a good thread of its own. Anybody have others to add?