Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

If Brandlose is involved, it's guaranteed to be either Pit Spitters or Sasquatch.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Is Traverse City Cherry Pickers that hard?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Todd Radom has been tabbed to design the logo package that will grace Wichita's return to Triple-A baseball.

Triple-A team moving in 2020 wants name 'to be about the new, vibrant Wichita'

"Once the official nickname has been selected, Schwechheimer said the franchise will work with renowned graphic designer Todd Radom, who designed the logos for the Washington Nationals and Los Angeles Angels."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shumway said:

Why not name it after Traverse City's favorite son (Sun?)

Hide contents

2011majerleroh_92_1670896.jpg

(I've never been to Traverse City, but I imagine Dan Majerle has multiple statues and streets named after him around the town.)

Traverse City Thunder?

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Brandon's Expedition Leage team has five finalists for a possible nickname:

Wheat City Wonders

Brandon Bullheads

Wheat City Whiskey Jacks

Brandon Bison

Wheat City Threshermen

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

42 minutes ago, buzzcut said:

Brandon's Expedition Leage team has five finalists for a possible nickname:

Wheat City Wonders

Brandon Bullheads

Wheat City Whiskey Jacks

Brandon Bison

Wheat City Threshermen

Like the bread?, that would make a cool color scheme,product-classic-white.png

Excellent!

• 2 weeks later...

Since there isn’t a 2020 thread yet, can anyone tell me which caps the trash pandas will be wearing? I collect MiLB hats (that get worn on field) and lids has 4. The panda website only lists the flying raccoon one as primary. The red, blue, and other black are just listed as 5950. I know a lot can change in a year and maybe they just haven’t designated this or that as home-alt or whatever. I’m sure all 4 will hit the field as teams have that many at least now.

TL:DR does anyone know which trash panda hats are gonna be used?

EDIT: wonder if lids accidentally released them too early. Refreshed my page today and it said out of stock in all sizes and then went back into MiLB and it’s like they don’t exist. Oh well, their $112 loss (cause I would have caved and got all 4) if you search their sku, (21094385, 21094396, 21094386, 21094415) they come up, but no sizes. I did this last year and got all 4 Gwinnett stripers months before they were realesed ...but those had the sizes.

KISSwall09.jpg

13 hours ago, hormone said:

Since there isn’t a 2020 thread yet, can anyone tell me which caps the trash pandas will be wearing? I collect MiLB hats (that get worn on field) and lids has 4. The panda website only lists the flying raccoon one as primary. The red, blue, and other black are just listed as 5950. I know a lot can change in a year and maybe they just haven’t designated this or that as home-alt or whatever. I’m sure all 4 will hit the field as teams have that many at least now.

TL:DR does anyone know which trash panda hats are gonna be used?

They'll probably use a combo of all of them.

This looks like the home cap:

fullsizeoutput_b_500.jpeg

But there are four others.

• Like 1

The summer collegiate Expedition League's Brandon, Manitoba-based expansion team has unveiled its identity. The team will be dubbed the Wheat City Whiskey Jacks and sport official colors of Carolina Blue, Dark Gray and Light Gray. 

The team's logos were designed by Ross Johnson of the Ross Johnson Design Company in Rapid City, South Dakota. 

AWwkkYlm.jpg 7DD5hwcm.jpg SQ04v7gt.jpg 

BBgpOJYt.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

The summer collegiate Expedition League's Brandon, Manitoba-based expansion team has unveiled its identity. The team will be dubbed the Wheat City Whiskey Jacks and sport official colors of Carolina Blue, Dark Gray and Light Gray. 

The team's logos were designed by Ross Johnson of the Ross Johnson Design Company in Rapid City, South Dakota. 

AWwkkYlm.jpg 

The way the bird is standing just looks weird...

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

25 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

The way the bird is standing just looks weird...

The bird thinks the way you're standing just looks weird.

There's definitely something off about the stance and the eyes, and the motion lines are kind of weird. That being said, it's kind of adorable, and I'd get a hat if shipping from Wheat City wasn't almost definitely prohibitively expensive (also if I knew where Wheat City is).