Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

As I wrote elsewhere...

"Claw marks 
EVERYwhere. The white jersey paired with the RED pants is a choice. The grizzly in the various logos seems a bit... stiff... disjointed... awkwardly-rendered. All in all, I could give a passing grade to the grey road uni that Vanilla Ice is sporting, but the rest adds up to a BIG swing-and-a-miss in my estimation. Well... Brandiose did have the Traverse City Pit Spitters unveiled yesterday. So, at least they have THAT goin' for them."  

• Like 1

Durham Bulls to rebrand as Durham Lollygaggers for a game

February 5, 2019 - 17:13 PM

If the early minor league promotional announcements are any indication, we’re seeing teams get creative with their single-game promotional brands this year—perhaps moving away from the food-based brands that have swept through the leagues in recent years. From the “Where […]

Read More...

That is one of my favorite scenes in the movie (out of many great scenes), but this still seems like a little much.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I will only accept it if the starting pitcher is required to wear a garter belt . . . rose in the front.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Maybe someone more local can help me out, but could it be possible that the Kannapolis name be changed to a different regional locale.  I know the team was the Piedmont Boll Weevils, so could Piedmot be an option again?  Is there another regional moniker that could be used?

• Like 2

Kannapolis Intimidators are looking for a new name

February 6, 2019 - 19:32 PM

The Kannapolis Intimidators, Single-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, already have new owners and a new stadium scheduled to open in 2020, and we know now that they’ll have a new nickname and brand in 2020 as well. The […]

Read More...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

Maybe someone more local can help me out, but could it be possible that the Kannapolis name be changed to a different regional locale.  I know the team was the Piedmont Boll Weevils, so could Piedmot be an option again?  Is there another regional moniker that could be used?

They have said that Kannapolis will be part of the name but loved the Piedmont Boll Weevils name. The way MiLB branding has been the past couple years, Boll Weevils would be a good fit.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

53 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Call them the Baby Sox.

do do doo doo

Seriously though, no idea if this was planned (other than them being an affiliate of the White Sox), but a "Sox" or "Stockings"-related team name would be extremely appropriate. Kannapolis was the quintessential North Carolina mill town, home to Cannon Mills (the town is literally named after the company, Cannon + polis = CKannapolis). I think of towels when I think of Cannon Mills, but apparently they made socks and hosiery as well.

Truth be told, I've never loved the "Intimidators" name. The Earnhardt tribute is great, but the name itself is clunky. You try saying "Kannapolis Intimidators" 5 times fast.

And yeah, the logo is pretty bad.

• Like 2

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Checkered Sox?

(Ehh.... perhaps not.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

48 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

do do doo doo

Seriously though, no idea if this was planned (other than them being an affiliate of the White Sox), but a "Sox" or "Stockings"-related team name would be extremely appropriate. Kannapolis was the quintessential North Carolina mill town, home to Cannon Mills (the town is literally named after the company, Cannon + polis = CKannapolis). I think of towels when I think of Cannon Mills, but apparently they made socks and hosiery as well.

Truth be told, I've never loved the "Intimidators" name. The Earnhardt tribute is great, but the name itself is clunky. You try saying "Kannapolis Intimidators" 5 times fast.

And yeah, the logo is pretty bad.

Kannapolis Cannons sounds like a perfectly fine, classic name for a minor league club.

You know that's NOT what Brandiose is gonna do if they get a hold of it, though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Kannapolis Cannons sounds like a perfectly fine, classic name for a minor league club.

You know that's NOT what Brandiose is gonna do if they get a hold of it, though.

It would, but having the town and the team named after the same thing would be overkill. Plus, the mill closed 20ish years ago.

• Like 1

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png