Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

12 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

I actually had this idea for "Micro Brews" if the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers ever rebranded.  Glad it's actually getting used somehow.

I love the monogram too.  Wouldn't be mad if the Brewers actually used it. 

• Like 1

I'm suddenly realizing just how good that Motre Bame monogram looks in the BiG colors. Thing is, I have no clue how it would fit in to the BiG identity without seeming shoehorned in. And I don't think the rest of the Motre Bame identity would look good recolored in BiG colors.

• Like 2

Flying Squirrels to play a game as the Richmond Hushpuppies

February 26, 2019 - 00:48 AM

The Double-A Richmond Flying Squirrels have been minor league baseball fashion makers during their decade in existence. They were among the early adopters of the current era of wacky nicknames and cartoonish logos, and way back in 2010, they were […]

Read More...

Binghamton Rumble Ponies to play a game as Stud Muffins

February 28, 2019 - 03:34 AM

When the Double-A Binghamton Mets rebranded in 2016, four of the six finalists in the name-the-team contest paid homage to the town’s status as the carousel capital of the world. The final selection, Rumble Ponies, beat out Rocking Horses, Timber […]

Read More...

Syracuse Mets to play as Butter Sculptures

March 1, 2019 - 17:23 PM

For 50 years, the New York State Fair has featured an enormous sculpture made entirely of butter, portraying such scenes as Dairy Princess Coronation (1973), Boy with Double Dip Cone (1991), and Thanks for the Milk, Moo York! (2015). Suffice […]

Read More...

Charlotte Knights throw back 50 years as Hornets

March 1, 2019 - 20:03 PM

The Charlotte Knights, Triple-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, have been around since 1989, when they debuted as Double-A farm club in the Chicago Cubs’ system. One of the franchise’s predecessors in North Carolina’s Queen City was the Charlotte […]

Read More...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I really hate that we're not allowed to have separate threads any more.  Does it really clog the board so much?

Why not one for the one-off promotions and another for actual identity changes? Relocations, etc? 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:22 AM, kroywen said:

I'm suddenly realizing just how good that Motre Bame monogram looks in the BiG colors. Thing is, I have no clue how it would fit in to the BiG identity without seeming shoehorned in. And I don't think the rest of the Motre Bame identity would look good recolored in BiG colors.

As much of an advocate for the BiG that I am, I always felt like the Motre Bame unis were never given a fair chance.  They got replaced by those awful Miller unis after 5 years and now will only ever be associated with some very terrible teams.  

Perhaps your idea is something @SFGiants58 might be interested in mocking up? 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:45 AM, Gothamite said:

This doesn’t look bad in the classic colors:

hwl?set=sku%5B21019919%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4

although I do wish the last outline around the M was white, not blue.  Blue is too Seattle Mariners.

Does anyone actually associate those colors with Seattle anymore?  

Either way, I think I need that hat in my life... what a beaut!

• Like 2