Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 6/14/2019 at 4:59 AM, hormone said:

Unfortunately, Jawn is making its way west to Pittsburgh. It’s always spelled John here when I see it written, so I had to research jawn.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:05 AM, jmac11281 said:

Pittsburgh can't have it. Sorry.

Too late...I remember hearing that word used in Pittsburgh as early as 2005. (And yeah, it was spelled "john" back then, too.)

That said, I've yet to hear it used outside of Pennsylvania--except when I catch myself saying it...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Toledo to play as Mud Crawlers during Jeep Fest

June 24, 2019 - 19:42 PM

The city of Toledo, Ohio, has been home to Jeep since the company’s founding in 1943. More than eight decades later, the Toledo Assembly Complex is now the only place in the world where the iconic Jeep Wrangler is produced. […]

Read More...

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 8:14 AM, mjrbaseball said:

Thank you. Why was I not aware of this all these years?!

Second year doing it. Last year, I want to say 12-20 squads with less games. This year maybe 2-3 times that with much games with those identities. It was easy to miss last year. Next year, we may see even more. My area is eating these alternative identities up. I personally hate it. I liked it as a quick one off last year for a select few games. Now they’re consuming teams real identities. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

Second year doing it. Last year, I want to say 12-20 squads with less games. This year maybe 2-3 times that with much games with those identities. It was easy to miss last year.

Third year, actually. 

Minor League Baseball’s Copa de la Diversion program has grown from just four teams in 2017 to 33 last year to 72 this season (2019).

• Like 1

Um, guys... thoughts?

omahadribbble.jpg

3101_cedar_rapids__roughriders-alternate

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Durham Bulls pay homage to Bunch of Jerks

June 27, 2019 - 15:08 PM

Back in February of this year, CBC/Sportsnet NHL analyst and noted fun-hating old guy Don Cherry took issue with the Carolina Hurricanes’ penchant for creative celebrations, and famously called the team a “bunch of jerks.” The Hurricanes, whose previous claim […]

Read More...

On 6/26/2019 at 8:15 AM, Derek said:

Are you saying it’s a rip off? There’s some similarities (chin and cheek shape, ear highlight), but plenty different enough. The original designer might beg to differ though.

Hi, guy with the IP para girlfriend, here. She said if the original designer had a good firm, they could probably get it before a judge, but all it would be is a way to waste your money. She guarantees no lawyer in her firm would be willing to take the case.

• Like 2

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Durham Bulls go to Eleven with Stranger Things unis

July 2, 2019 - 12:32 PM

The Triple-A Durham Bulls have been busy with the promotions this season—we’ve already taken notice of their 1902 Tobacconist throwbacks, their Lollygaggers homage to Bull Durham, and their “Bunch of Jerks” collaboration with the Carolina Panthers. And now we add […]

Read More...

Potomac Nationals conjure Stay Puft Marshmallow uniforms

July 2, 2019 - 17:28 PM

The Potomac Nationals will commemorate the 35th anniversary of the first Ghostbusters movies with uniforms that evoke the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, the 100-foot-tall corporate mascot of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Corporation conjured by Sumerian deity Gozer to bring about […]

Read More...