Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Norfolk Tides pay homage to coffee with promo

July 15, 2019 - 15:01 PM

When you talk about the east coast’s best coffee cities, Norfolk, Virginia, does not immediately leap to mind, but the Hampton Roads region, which includes Norfolk, has the numbers to back up its claim to East Coast Capital of Coffee. […]

Read More...

Round Rock Express promotion is alright, alright, alright

July 18, 2019 - 13:18 PM

The Triple-A Round Rock Express are borrowing a line from one of Austin’s favorite sons for a promotion this summer. The team will host Alright Alright Alright Night, a reference to Austin resident Matthew McConaughey’s iconic catch phrase from the […]

Read More...

Summer league baseball team to play as Gorgeous Grandmas

July 18, 2019 - 23:09 PM

Since 1984, the nation has gathered as one on July 23 to celebrate the nation’s grandmothers—or at least the attractive ones, anyway. National Gorgeous Grandmother Day was introduced by radio host and author of the book “Find the Love of […]

Read More...

• 2 weeks later...

Daytona Tortugas to wear Dumb Tuxedos

July 30, 2019 - 19:22 PM

Want to hear about the most annoying promotion in the world? The Daytona Tortugas will commemorate the 25th anniversary of the movie Dumb and Dumber with uniforms that evoke the light blue tuxedo worn by Harry Dunne, the “Dumb” to […]

Read More...

Wilmington Blue Rocks Celery-brate Woodstalk

July 30, 2019 - 22:33 PM

It’s been 50 years since an audience of more than 400,000 enjoyed three days of peace and music on a dairy farm in Bethel, New York. The Single-A Wilmington Blue Rocks will commemorate a half-century since the signature moment of […]

Read More...

PawSox introduce Fightin’ Quahogs

August 7, 2019 - 22:01 PM

Just days before their final game in Pawtucket, the Pawtucket Red Sox will play a game as the Fightin’ Quahogs. While a quahog is a regional term for a large edible clam found in the Atlantic Ocean, the term is […]

Read More...

53 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Just days before their final game in Pawtucket...

Not only do the PawSox have another 15 home games to play over the 3 weeks and 5 days remaining in the 2019 International League regular season, but they have the entirety of their 2020 IL home slate to contest at McCoy Stadium. The franchise isn't scheduled to play a game in its new market of Worcester, Massachusetts until 2021,    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

As someone who loves the local delicacy of the stuffed quahog but thinks Seth MacFarlane is possibly the very bottom of American culture, pretty torn up about this one.

Tried one of those at a neat little restaurant on Cape Cod about a month ago. It was freaking delicious (and a lot larger than I expected).

• Like 1

It is what it is.

We haven't seen the jerseys; but that cap logo is a mess.  The cap with the wordmark is not bad; but I assume that that's a fashion item, and that the cap with the graphical logo is the game cap.

Anyway, there's no way I would eat one of those quahogs.  I am probably the only Italian who doesn't like seafood (except from tuna, which, when I was a little kid, I could not believe was a fish).  I have tried plenty of seafood: clams, lobster, shrimp, flounder, etc. It's all totally gross to me.  (Apart from my trusty tuna.)

1 hour ago, Digby said:

As someone who loves the local delicacy of the stuffed quahog but thinks Seth MacFarlane is possibly the very bottom of American culture, pretty torn up about this one.

Seth MacFarlane is a Renaissance man, and the creator of some of the most trenchant satire of American society in the past several decades.  In honour of him, I display my Family Guy caricature at my desk at work.

me-as-family-guy-character.png

And with The Orville he shows that he has a better grasp of Star Trek than does anyone producing Star Trek.

orville-hat-small.png

Seth is a straight-up hero.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png