Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Chihuahuas unveil Bark in the Park promo jerseys

August 22, 2019 - 18:42 PM

The El Paso Chihuahuas will wear specialty jerseys for their annual Bark in the Park promotion featuring a photo-realistic dog in a brown leather bag. When the Chihuahuas were first introduced in 2014, the reasons given for the unusual nickname […]

Read More...

On 8/13/2019 at 9:14 PM, panthers_2012 said:

News for the Frontier League: River City Rascals will cease operations and the end of the season. This is not good for the FL. They've combined their All Star Game with the Cam-Am league and now there will only be 9 teams for 2020 season, unless another team leaves or the league folds. 

Ive heard rumors of a possible frontier league- Can Am merger. Ive also heard the ballpark and city are looking at putting a new team in the Frontier League to replace the Rascals.

Meanwhile in the American Association the Kansas City T-Bones are being evicted from their ballpark at seasons end.

Signature intentionally left blank

21 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Ive heard rumors of a possible frontier league- Can Am merger. Ive also heard the ballpark and city are looking at putting a new team in the Frontier League to replace the Rascals.

I would be okay with that. It's just sad to see. But once again, it sounds like the ownership didn't take care of the team. They were locked out of the stadium by the city and were barely surviving.

• Like 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

5 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Meanwhile in the American Association the Kansas City T-Bones are being evicted from their ballpark at seasons end.

4 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

I would be okay with that. It's just sad to see. But once again, it sounds like the ownership didn't take care of the team. They were locked out of the stadium by the city and were barely surviving.

Seeing this potential Frontier/Can-Am League reminds me when the Golden Baseball League merged with the Northern League and ULB around 2010...that didn’t end well for anyone and ultimately spread teams far too wide.

Since we’re talking Indy baseball at the moment, a new independent league is planning to start up in 2020 with a similar geographic footprint to that of the Western and Golden Baseball Leagues: the Western Association of Professional Baseball, or WAPB. They haven’t announced much yet, though they have said that they are going to announce the 8 charter members in the next few weeks and that they are going to have a schedule similar to short-season MiLB leagues (mid-June to early September). FWIW, I do like the league logo (which I can’t directly post here, but is found in greater detail here.)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The Edmonton Prospects of the WCBL, the summer collegiate league in Alberta and Saskatchewan, may be out of a home because the City of Edmonton didn’t renew the fifth year of the team’s lease at the stadium. Instead, the City put out a request for submissions on a 10 year lease for the stadium/land starting in 2020 as part of redevelopment plans for the area, which may not include a baseball stadium.

The Prospects are submitting a proposal and a August 15th article says there’s another group expected to pitch a proposal about moving a rookie league team up that would be affiliated with the Angels. As an Angels fan who is in Edmonton for school, that would be pretty cool but most likely not happening.

IbjBaeE.png

On 8/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, DustDevil61 said:

Seeing this potential Frontier/Can-Am League reminds me when the Golden Baseball League merged with the Northern League and ULB around 2010...that didn’t end well for anyone and ultimately spread teams far too wide.

If anything it more reminds me of the Northern League/ Northeast League merger in 1999-02. its pretty much the same footprint but i think this one could work as the Frontier and Can-Am are more stable leagues than what was the GBL/Northern League/UBL combo.

Signature intentionally left blank

• 3 weeks later...

Skeeters jerseys challenge opponents to “Come and Take It”

September 12, 2019 - 21:26 PM

The 2018 Atlantic League champion Sugar Land Skeeters will defend their title wearing uniforms defying opponents to win. The independent Skeeters, led by manager Pete Incaviglia, a former Major Leaguer, will play the entire 2019 postseason wearing the specialty jerseys. […]

Read More...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Western Association of Professional Baseball Clubs (WAPB) - an independent minor league set to launch in 2020 - has its first member-franchise. The Henderson Hoo will be based in Henderson, Nevada and play their home games at Morse Field on the campus of the College of Southern Nevada.

vhr66Yil.png

Incidentally, the logo is the work of Grant O'Dell of Forte Studio, the sports branding side of technology and design company Maestro in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

• Like 2

I realize it's a bit late, but let's appreciate some teams that will be leaving us next season. There aren't nearly as many teams relocating this off-season as last. 

The AA (Angels) Mobile Bay Bears are relocating to Huntsville, Alabama to become the Rocket City Trash Pandas. They had been in Mobile since moving from North Carolina in 1997. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

The New Orleans Baby Cakes (AAA Marlins) will be moving to Wichita, Kansas to play as the yet to be named Wichita ________. They had been in New Orleans since they moved from Denver in 1993 (as the Zephyrs).

spacer.png

spacer.png

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

4 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

The Western Association of Professional Baseball Clubs (WAPB) - an independent minor league set to launch in 2020 - has its first member-franchise. The Henderson Hoo will be based in Henderson, Nevada and play their home games at Morse Field on the campus of the College of Southern Nevada.

vhr66Yil.png

It's different, I'll give em that.  Better be that then a common animal name I think.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

vhr66Yil.png

Logo reminds me of this

spacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

23 hours ago, Green27 said:

I realize it's a bit late, but let's appreciate some teams that will be leaving us next season. There aren't nearly as many teams relocating this off-season as last. 

The AA (Angels) Mobile Bay Bears are relocating to Huntsville, Alabama to become the Rocket City Trash Pandas. They had been in Mobile since moving from North Carolina in 1997. 

spacer.png

This hits every single earmark that I hate about modern MiLB branding, and yet I can't help but love it. 

We've heard of the blind squirrel lucking its way into a couple nuts. For my 2 cents, this one shook down the whole tree.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NicDB said:

This hits every single earmark that I hate about modern MiLB branding, and yet I can't help but love it. 

We've heard of the blind squirrel lucking its way into a couple nuts. For my 2 cents, this one shook down the whole tree.

Such a horrible name (trash pandas is fine, rocket city is fine, but it's a lot to put them together). But they execute the fun, clever aspect with the logos and what not. Making the racoon an astronaut just works. So so well. Especially the trash can spaceship. It's so dorky but you can't help but love it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NicDB said:

The name’s a mouthful (Huntsville Trash Pandas or Rocket City Raccoons would’ve done just fine) and I can’t see any other reason for the head-tail logo to exist other than to see how close the designers could get to making a logo that resembled a sperm cell, but the rest of the package works well for what it represents.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

15 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

The name’s a mouthful (Huntsville Trash Pandas or Rocket City Raccoons would’ve done just fine) and I can’t see any other reason for the head-tail logo to exist other than to see how close the designers could get to making a logo that resembled a sperm cell, but the rest of the package works well for what it represents.

I kind of feel like Hunstville Trash Pandas could have been perceived as having some connotations the locals might not appreciate.  And I could see Rocket City Raccoons confusing the pubic into thinking it the name is a Guardians Of The Galaxy reference.

Yes, the name is a mouthful.  But, as @Sykotyk pointed out, together they make the whole thing so dorky that it just works.

• Like 1

^That's just about every "trendy" MiLB brand.  I still say this is an incredibly rare instance of one actually working.

Whether or not it has the staying power to crawl into Toldeo Mud Hens or Albuquerque Isotopes territory remains to be seen.  But I'd still bet on Rocket City Trash Pandas before anything else we've seen of this nature.

• Like 1