Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

BpiHdS1IgAAA7Fi.jpg

"The Memphis Redbirds, the AAA affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, wore some very interesting jerseys for their game on Saturday.

To pay tribute to Memphis, Egypt, the Redbirds designed these odd Egyptian-themed jerseys.

Minor league teams do all kinds of things with their jerseys, but these will probably be some of the strangest ones we'll see all season."

JeKhnr9.png

Humiliating.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love that Pine Barons identity! What a good pun!

And while the gestalt of that Memphis jersey is pretty bad, I ha to smile at the cardinal head on the body.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On Sunday 6/22, the Lakewood BlueClaws will play as one of the suggested names that didn't win back in 2000....the "Pine Barons"

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140607&content_id=78692150&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t427&sid=t427

PineBarons640360_pjbwb41x_tj3pxt12.jpg

During the name-the-team contest I submitted "Pine Barons." Lakewood is near the New Jersey pine barrens and at the time (circa 2000/2001), the Phillies AAA affiliate was the SWB Red Barons. "Pine Barons" seemed to make sense but "Blueclaws" is fitting.

Tampa Bay Everybody Loves Rays

Go 'Nova | Go Irish

What the hell is that Photoshop? Lower Manhattan with a couple Sears Towers thrown in for good measure?

They filmed The Dark Knight in Chicago, so I guess that's a reasonable composite of Gotham City, right?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, this has cropped-up on the Virginia Beach Neptunes' website...

virginia-beach-neptues-logo1.png?w=179

There are days when, as a branding enthusiast, my soul dies a little bit.

I'll be in Virginia Beach Sunday. I want one of their t-shirts!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Anyone know what these Pine Barons' caps look like?

theres a picture on there facebook page. but its basically the squirrel logo on a black hat, green brim. but it also looks like theres an all black and all green. as well as '47 brand hats in the same shades.

Courtesy of @minorleaguegeek:

Bpudqi7CQAI-QRw.jpg