Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I took a look at average MiLB attendance figures for this past season, 7 out of the bottom 10 have the same names as MLB teams, two of the bottom four being the Blue Jays.  Granted they are all in the low level leagues, but they don't generate any excitement.

To be fair, one of those bottom 4 was the Dunedin Blue Jays.  They were forced to play in a municipal high school stadium due to primary stadium renovations, so their 2019 numbers are low for a reason.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Buc said:

Now, with all that said, and in accordance with several previously stated observations of recent Brandiose work, well...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSA0Z5xOAVOkAsnOxU3D2

Trash+Pandas.PNG

5568a346e9115.image.jpg?resize=400,211

swamp_rabbits_logo_detail.png

Screen_Shot_2018_11_13_at_2.52.18_PM.0.p

hartford-yard-goats-logo1.jpg

akron_rubberducks.0.jpg

808e19ec-fb45-4130-ace7-dfaf10ca3798-Cow

betweenthelines.jpg

x_N1i4tp_400x400.jpg

GPzpqU9K_400x400.jpg

...Yeah I can definitely see a certain recurring theme or two here--most notably, the side smirk/grimacing teeth thing, which I'm guessing at this point must well be an unstated Brandiose trademark, not unlike Nike's opposing-cornered jersey number thing. 

I don’t have the technological wherewithal to pull it off, but someone REALLY needs to do a Brandiose logo and name randomizer picking from a selection in each category: grimace/smirk (grimasmirk?), ornate eyes, a cylindrical bat-shaped object, a creature/object to anthropomorphize, and an adjective.

Edited by DustDevil61
Adjective
  • Like 6

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Gwinnett Stripers update caps, uniforms

November 8, 2019 - 02:26 AM

The Gwinnett Stripers, Triple-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, unveiled a new pinstriped home jersey, a new batting practice cap, and an updated retro alternate cap today. The new jersey is a simplified version of one the team wore last […]

Read More...

The new jersey is a simplified version of one the team wore last year. The 2020 version removes piping from the neck and buttons so that the Stripers logo is set against the navy pinstripes. (The piping was not removed altogether, though—it’s still there around the sleeves.) The new jerseys feature an Atlanta Braves created by the Braves, who own the club.

:blink:

Might want to put in that missing word.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 2:26 AM, Buc said:

Now, with all that said, and in accordance with several previously stated observations of recent Brandiose work, well...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSA0Z5xOAVOkAsnOxU3D2

Trash+Pandas.PNG

x_N1i4tp_400x400.jpg

...Yeah I can definitely see a certain recurring theme or two here--most notably, the side smirk/grimacing teeth thing, which I'm guessing at this point must well be an unstated Brandiose trademark, not unlike Nike's opposing-cornered jersey number thing. 

I modified this quote to show two of the latest pieces from Brandiose—the Paddleheads and Trash Pandas— and their relatively old Iron Pigs logo. Sure, they share some similarities, but Iron Pigs feels stripped back compared to the others. Bigger elements, easier to render in embroidery and small sizes. Plus Iron Pigs was a pretty clever play on pig iron mined in the region. Paddleheads, Trash Pandas, Sod Poodles, Vibes, etc. are harder to justify.

Look at their older Clearwater Threshers work, too. Clean.

Brandiose is extremely talented but has become an almost inevitable parody of itself.

• Like 5

On 11/6/2019 at 2:07 AM, Buc said:

Time out--how old is this photo? I recognize some of the names in that caption--in particular Jack McKeon, who I presume is the same free- spirited, fun-loving, stogie-bitin' Jack McKeon who skippered the three-headed-monster-led '03 Florida Marlins past the Yankees for the World Series title?!

1956.  McKeon managed the Missoula Timberjacks from 1956-1958.  Jim Kaat was on his 1958 team.

• Like 1

Wichita Baseball 2020 is now... the Wichita Wind Surge.

"Symbol of aspiration, free spirit, and a daring determined attitude - harnessing the wind and surging forward. Our core colors, navy blue and red, are deeply rooted in the culture of baseball. They are also found in Wichita's beloved flag. Sky blue pays tribute to Kansas' wide open prairie skies, which have inspired innovators and dreamers to soar to new heights from time immemorial. Yellow gold is the color of sunflowers, wheat, and summer sunsets - all iconic identifiers of our region. We are surging forward with new vibrancy, a new energy, and a fierce sense of purpose. We are the Wichita Wind Surge."

CJTd2IRm.jpg

Home Jersey                                                                Home Cap
Pc4vVd1m.jpg   sAvkeLmm.jpg       

Road Jersey                                                                   Road Cap

gyr3SXhm.jpg    ppZo5WBm.jpg                                                      

Navy Alternate Jersey                                                    Red Alternate Jersey                                                         Alternate Cap

AIEaWv3m.jpg    lRdGSGMm.jpg   PDkzofsm.jpg

The name is horrible. That said, the primary mark is a thing of beauty. 

• Like 3

When Todd Radom can't salvage your team's name, you've really picked a stinker.

• Like 10
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.