Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

7 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

I like it...*scurries away*

Same. Not sure how much I like the juiced up mussel characters, but I actually like the name. Much better than Miracle.

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

33 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

This feels like an April Fools joke or a Saturday night gimmick. So far the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative

That might be the worst rebrand in MiLB. 

All of the logos are junk. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

These two objectives can’t coexist. Kaufman must not realize that Fort Myers is nothing like The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS)

1. “The overall goal from the beginning with the overall tone was to be like Disney, but with edge,” Kaufman said. “Edgy Disney.”

2. “We really wanted a team that represented the local community, and had an attachment to the region, if you will,” Kaufmann said. 

These monsters are ruining MiLB branding 
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

This feels like an April Fools joke or a Saturday night gimmick. So far the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative

#BrandLosestrikesagain

• Like 2

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

2 hours ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

To me, the worst part of these newer MiLB names is the two-worded nicknames. Just name them the Mussels, etc. 

This garbage is really grinding my gears.  I believe the team just got new owners, so this is their way of making some extra money...

• Like 3

The Connecticut Tigers are now the Norwich Sea Unicorns. Their logo is a narwhal. So they could have easily been the Norwich Narwhals, which is good and sounds unique, but Brandiose gotta Brandiose.

• Like 10
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You can 100% tell this one is Brandoise, but.... it's honestly one of the better logo packages they've done in the past bit. 

My issue is why not NARWHALS? Like.... there was no need to do "Sea Unicorns". Enough with the gimmicky names. 

Also, given the fact they're using two completely different scripts... I'm not sure which I like better for the identity, but they should really stick with one. That is all. 

• Like 11

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

There exist no-brainers.  One such choice would have been Norwich Narwhals.  Sea Unicorns is firmly in the territory of somebody thinking obscure always = awesome, when it can also call very flat, as it seems to here.

The narwhal logos are pretty good, and I like the nods to the old Navigators.

• Like 4

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This is one I was waiting on. There was a fan vote for it.  Not sure if they used the results as a guide or used it to pick the winner. Regardless Narwhals would have been awesome and I would have bought some of their terrible merchandise just because there was finally a decent new MiLB brand. But no.. sea unicorns.  

On 10/9/2019 at 8:52 PM, nash61 said:

It's gonna be Sea Unicorns. Narwhals is too generic (as if) for Brandiose, and they enjoy controversial names like Baby Cakes. Unicorns are trendy right now, so look for rainbows, glitter, and narwhals.

Whoomp, there it is.

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17