Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 7/14/2020 at 5:22 PM, hormone said:

Are they gonna sell copa 2020 hats or just roll them over to next year? I’ve been checking lids, but that’s just another store fanatics has ruined over the past year or two.

Going direct to the teams individual store might be the best option, and it helps a local business rather than a corporate entitiy.

• 3 weeks later...

Snap Decision: Beloit baseball considering a new name

August 5, 2020 - 00:15 AM

The Beloit Snappers have gone by their current nickname for a quarter-century, but with an impending move to a new ballpark in 2021, the team is considering an overhaul to their entire brand. The Snappers’ issued a call for ideas on their website and are soliciting input through August 18.

Read More...

All they need to do is drop the gold from their color scheme and go navy/double green/yellow, then get some decent uniforms for once. I don't want to see the delightful Snappers get Brandiosed into being the StateLine RockRollers or some such trash.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this since it's a minor league team I seldom notice but I think it's a solid name and teams just changing names* is odd to me. I'd rather they have a presence that lasts.  Hopefully the Mud Hens don't move into a new stadium soon.

*Barring a Washington-NFL type reason

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As a former Beloit resident there's no need for a name change, Snappers works better than any other nickname. What has already been echoed a logo change is needed. Maybe emphasize the A's color way more with yellow and green? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...

WooSox unveil extensive uniform set

August 18, 2020 - 02:30 AM

The Worcester Red Sox—WooSox to friends—unveiled the on-field threads they’ll wear in their debut season next year, including nine jerseys and seven caps. The nine jerseys include three whites, three blues, two reds, and one gray, featuring the city’s name in a traditional Red Sox font, the team name in

Read More...

The Worcester Red Sox—WooSox to friends—unveiled the on-field threads they’ll wear in their debut season next year, including nine jerseys and seven caps. The nine jerseys include three whites, three blues, two reds, and one gray, featuring the city’s name in a traditional Red Sox font, the team name in their own WooSox script, and the team’s heart-shaped W. The caps, in various permutations of red and navy, feature the Red Sox font W, the heart-shaped WooSox W, and, because the iconic yellow smiley face was born in Worcester, one with the team’s bat-swinging smiley face logo. (See the explanation for that here.)

Emphasis mine.  This is absurd.  It's fine for MiLB teams to have fun with their uniforms and have a few alts and special one-offs, but 9 jerseys and 7 caps is ridiculous by any measure.  The uniforms don't even go together, with some with their Woo Sox brush-ish script, and some in the Tuscon-ish font.  Just a joke.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."