Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

They photoshopped everybody to be the same height and it gives me a dwarfism illusion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

New Atlantic League team to play in Gastonia, NC

August 18, 2020 - 23:50 PM

A new independent baseball team coming to Gastonia, North Carolina, is looking for a nickname. The team is asking fans to consider factors related to the city’s “historical significance, roots in baseball, local geography, work ethic and culture, the community’s personality, and other elements unique to the city and its

Read More...

I like the Strikes name suggested, but I decided to go with a different one for my own submission. I chose "Planetarians", or people who work at planetariums, because Lynn Planetarium is the only one in the Charlotte area and its uniqueness and educational/merchandising opportunities are make it something Gastonia could really own.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

4 hours ago, QCS said:

I like the Strikes name suggested, but I decided to go with a different one for my own submission. I chose "Planetarians", or people who work at planetariums, because Lynn Planetarium is the only one in the Charlotte area and its uniqueness and educational/merchandising opportunities are make it something Gastonia could really own.

Oh man, I'd LOVE a galactic theme for that!  Good joint promotional opportunity.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

18 hours ago, QCS said:

GASTONIA GALAXIANS!!!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

I try to judge singular nicknames on a case-by-case basis. Given that Gastonia was the hometown of the real-life ballplayer who lent his name to Kevin Costner's character in the quintessential minor league baseball film Bull Durham, I'd be willing to see such a moniker employed here. I say you dub the new Atlantic League team the Gastonia Crash after local  hero Lawrence "Crash" Davis. Center the team's logo package around depictions of a retro-styled ballplayer mascot meant to be Davis: Crash at bat... Crash taking a swing... Crash running the bases... Crash sliding into home plate... Crash turning a play at second base (his primary position over three MLB and seven MiLB seasons). For the team's inaugural Opening Day, see if you can't get Costner and Bull Durham writer-director Ron Shelton out to the new ballpark to participate in pre-game ceremonies. 

• Like 1

Gastonia Grunts is my suggestion...honors the regular factory workers, provides a unique alliterative name (with plenty of logo possibilities), and gives the fans a unique cheer to make at the games.

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

12 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Gastonia Grunts is my suggestion...honors the regular factory workers, provides a unique alliterative name (with plenty of logo possibilities), and gives the fans a unique cheer to make at the games.

When I think of "Grunts" it implies military to me, not factory workers.   Infantry, right?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 7:20 PM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Snap Decision: Beloit baseball considering a new name

August 5, 2020 - 00:15 AM

The Beloit Snappers have gone by their current nickname for a quarter-century, but with an impending move to a new ballpark in 2021, the team is considering an overhaul to their entire brand. The Snappers’ issued a call for ideas on their website and are soliciting input through August 18.

Read More...

No reason to change the name.  Even after all this time, the logos don't seem outdated. I'd be for updating the logos if they want, but an entire change isn't necessary. Like someone else said, if anything, drop the gold from the color scheme.  However, to me, their uniforms have always been pretty bland.  If they want to get a new look that way, I'd be all for it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Beloit Snappers commit to changing name in 2021

September 4, 2020 - 19:36 PM

There’s a lot we don’t know about what affiliated Minor League Baseball will look like in 2021, but we do know what baseball in Beloit, Wisconsin, will NOT look like next year: The Class A Oakland A’s affiliate will ditch the name that it has used since 1995. The Beloit

Read More...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Beloit Snappers commit to changing name in 2021

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Like 3

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

2 hours ago, -kj said:

I came here to write essentially the same thing.

• Like 3

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin