Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Appears to be brought to you by the people who gave you the C U B S road jersey.

News stories I have read state that this may not exactly be the final logo. Due to the timeframe at hand and the approvals that have to be done for logos thru MILB, USPTO, etc. they were able to provide this as a defacto placeholder.

Appears to be brought to you by the people who gave you the C U B S road jersey.

News stories I have read state that this may not exactly be the final logo. Due to the timeframe at hand and the approvals that have to be done for logos thru MILB, USPTO, etc. they were able to provide this as a defacto placeholder.

We'll see. For what it's worth, this is what the team's owner - Tim Berlin - reportedly had to say:

Berlin also unveiled a new logo for the team that he described as the model that the team expects to use in the design of new uniforms, apparel and other South Bend Cubs branded items.

"We're moving fast," added Berlin. "Officials gave South Bend a special waiver so that we could show you this today, but something as important as a logo needs to be approved by the league and by the Chicago Cubs. So, I can’t call it official yet, but it is what you’re likely to see on all our uniforms, apparel, advertising and merchandise from now on."

There could well be some tweaks, but "from now on" gives the impression that the logo unveiled today is going to, at the very least, be incorporated into a more permanent mark.

A new Coastal Plain League team here:

main_logo_440_383.png

The Holly Springs Salamander logo is yet another outstanding design effort from Skye Dillon - aka, CCSLC member cward - of Skye Design Studios.

In addition to the Salamanders' mark, Skye's other work on behalf of collegiate summer baseball clients includes logos for the Edenton Steamers (Coastal Plain League), Valley Blue Sox (New England Collegiate Baseball League), Springfield Sliders (Prospect League), Wilson Tobs (Coastal Plain League), and Wisconsin Woodchucks (Northwoods League).

as i suspected, it was Skye Design Studios that did this logo http://ballparkbiz.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/its-the-holly-springs-salamanders/

i'm not buying the fact that the "name the team" contest truly produced the name, though...the contest just ended on september 12 - that's a REALLY quick turnaround for a logo, especially one this good

jldesigns404eo.png

One thing I really like about this is the way the lettering and salamander itself all fit within the stitching on the ball, and it flows along the same general path as the stitching. So many minor league baseball logos have seams that clash with the other elements in the logo. This Salamanders logo has a very clean composition.

• 2 weeks later...

More regarding a Nashville Sounds rebrand, specifically the mascot: https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postsports/2014/10/7/sounds_rebranding_may_have_ozzie_fans_crying_fowl

The Nashville Sounds are in the process of rebranding the entire club ahead of their move to First Tennessee Park next spring — and sources tell the Post that team officials are considering dumping their mascot, a cougar named Ozzie, for … a hot chicken.

The Nashville Sounds, the new Oakland A's Triple A Affiliate, is in the process of rebranding for our new stadium next year. They released a little today, which can be foudn at the below link.

http://nashville.sounds.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20141009&content_id=98034748&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t556&sid=t556

We all expected a change, but this is a diametric shift. It's almost like they're proposing an old-west theme (really???) while trying to KIND of please Preds and Vols fans. It's not the worst ever, but I'm MEH on it.

Every time I see a quote like this:

The Sounds are the first professional sports team to use Neon Orange in its color scheme.

...I think to myself - "I'll be the judge of that" (!).

Once I get the Pantone values, I'll be able to verify that statement.

• Like 4