Sign in to follow this  
BigMac12

Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

Odd that he's sliding in home from behind for some reason


Yes, I'd mentioned that in the team-specific thread that Pharos04 started. Frankly, whether a conscious artistic choice or a gaffe, it's a detail I find annoying.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've merged the various team-specific Appalachian League rebrand threads into one: 

 

No need for 1-2 threads for each rebrand in this particular league. If you'd like to discuss those rebrands more in depth, you can do so there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

I've merged the various team-specific Appalachian League rebrand threads into one: 

No need for 1-2 threads for each rebrand in this particular league. If you'd like to discuss those rebrands more in depth, you can do so there.


You missed the Johnson City Doughboys threads.

Appalachian League introduces Johnson City Doughboys

New App League team Johnson City Doughboys pays homage to WW1 soldiers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, Brian in Boston said:


Yes, I'd mentioned that in the team-specific thread that Pharos04 started. Frankly, whether a conscious artistic choice or a gaffe, it's a detail I find annoying.   

He's only off by 135 degrees, some people can find fault in anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I missing it or did Chris' latest article recapping the realignment forget the West Virginia Power among the teams in limbo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

Am I missing it or did Chris' latest article recapping the realignment forget the West Virginia Power among the teams in limbo?

I thought the same thing.  I made a comment on the Facebook page, so hopefully he'll see it.

 

@CC97 FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bluefield's Appalachian League team has been rebranded as the Ridge Runners. The new identity pays homage to the region's rich railroad history.

The Ridge Runners' home - Bowen Field at Peters Park - straddles the state line of Virginia and West Virginia, as did the namesake of the team. Beginning in 1964, the original Ridge Runner No. 36 locomotive - the world's smallest interstate railroad - circumnavigated a one-mile loop atop East River Mountain, half in Virginia and half in West Virginia. The train now sits just beyond Bowen Field's right field wall.

QNs0Udpl.jpg?1 AzBsatOm.jpg?1

Today, fans of Ridge Runners baseball can hear the sounds of excited passengers as the train makes its loop through Lotito Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Bluefield's Appalachian League team has been rebranded as the Ridge Runners. The new identity pays homage to the region's rich railroad history.

The Ridge Runners' home - Bowen Field at Peters Park - straddles the state line of Virginia and West Virginia, as did the namesake of the team. Beginning in 1964, the original Ridge Runner No. 36 locomotive - the world's smallest interstate railroad - circumnavigated a one-mile loop atop East River Mountain, half in Virginia and half in West Virginia. The train now sits just beyond Bowen Field's right field wall.

QNs0Udpl.jpg?1 AzBsatOm.jpg?1

 

That's pretty good...though it does look like Bluefield_

 

And for some reason it looks to me like "Bluefield" and "Ridge Runners" are at different angles, but may just be my eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appy League unveils Bluefield Ridge Runners

February 16, 2021 - 16:54 PM

The collegiate wood bat Appalachian League resumed its flurry of new brand announcements this morning with the unveiling of the Bluefield Ridge Runners, named for a historic train. Per the team: “The new Ridge Runners name of the team is reflective of the rich railroad history of the Bluefield area.

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The B kinda looks like its on a sled.

I think its supposed the cow catcher on the front of a engine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Appy League identities are all looking better than what has mostly rolled into the main minor leagues in the last few years (I won't say who's responsible for that mainly because I bash them enough).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beloit Snappers push back rebrand, give Snappy reprieve

February 19, 2021 - 01:28 AM

The Beloit Snappers have been saying since last summer that they were going to have a new name to go along with their new stadium, going as far as announcing finalists in their name-the-team contest. But the Beloit Cheese Balls, Polka Pike, Supper Clubbers, Sky Carp, or Moo will have

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Spartanburgers!

 

The Beacon is a well-known "drive-in"/burger/fried everything restaurant that I'd wager at least half of all native South Carolinians (at least those upstate of the fall line) have patronized at least once.

 

My only gripe is that the burger doesn't have chili and cheese on it. The chili cheese a-plenty is what I picture when I think of the Beacon - even though it's apparently not their "signature burger" according to their site.

 

The fries/bats logo is fantastic. Overall, I think the identity is perfect for a collegiate league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you're telling me "Polka Pike" didn't exactly set the Stateline afire, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to cry for Brandiose after they've been rolling out the same local flavor/unique name/snarling logo formula (with hometown research visit!!) for years now, but does this mean MLB is trying to lock out all independent designers from their minor league system now?

 

I wonder what cut rates MLB can offer to their new affiliates to make them change their minds or if it's clubs simply agreeing with Sodboy's thoughts above.

 

From the article:

“Now that the PDL system has been formalized and we are officially an affiliated team, we have the chance to collaborate directly with Major League Baseball’s branding, licensing, and apparel experts and their vast connections around the nation to bring our new team identity to life in even bigger and better ways,” the team said on its website. “We’re excited to be the first Minor League team to have the opportunity to take advantage of these resources to showcase the team identity chosen by our fans on a national stage. To allow time to take full use of these new resources, we will be unveiling the new team name following the 2021 season.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Introducing the Beloit High-A Central Marlins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this