Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The Cash Black made me LOL, and I dont LOL very easily. Come on, it's freaking black.

I immediately thought of Johnny Cash the moment I saw that. But yeah..way to keep the hee-haw stereotype alive, Sounds. (This as some of the civic leadership is actively trying to shed that from its overall image.) And anyone who's been downtown Nashville already knows what the whole Broadway and "neon" thing is about.

All that said...the guitar pick is a nice nod to m b nickname (and the inspiration for such, obviously). And i do actually like the style of this, so far. Curious to see the rest.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

the logo they released so far..

Article_Logo_3_pym0svps_2w4u5h9b.jpg

the full colors they listed...

Broadway Burnt Orange, Sunburst Tan, Neon Orange, and Cash Black make up the club's new official colors. The Sounds are the first professional sports team to use Neon Orange in its color scheme.

Old logo for reference:

t556_main_logo.png

wrong logo

here's the old one

nashville-sounds-logo.jpeg

the logo they released so far..

Article_Logo_3_pym0svps_2w4u5h9b.jpg

the full colors they listed...

Broadway Burnt Orange, Sunburst Tan, Neon Orange, and Cash Black make up the club's new official colors. The Sounds are the first professional sports team to use Neon Orange in its color scheme.

Old logo for reference:

t556_main_logo.png

wrong logo

here's the old one

nashville-sounds-logo.jpeg

I was trying to figure out what you were talking about as you posted the same logo as I did. I finally realized i used the teams website logo and link. They updated to the new logo(but they used the same name as the old logo path) after I posted it. Which changed what you saw, but kept it cached to anyone else that had seen it before the team changed their website.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Upgrade so far, but I don't love the effect on the N. I see that it might represent a neon sign, but looks odd to me.

For those who've never been downtown Nashville before...

Broadway-Downtown-Nashville-7.jpg

This is Broadway a.k.a. "the Strip". This may help folk kinda see what they (may be) going for.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm hoping they become an orange team. Other then Texas, not too many teams use burnt orange as their primary color, if they even have burnt orange, so it'd be pretty cool. I'm also pulling for the Sounds to have numbers just like the Preds. I love the strings in the numbers for them.

Really liking this the more I look at it. While I get the point about the Hee Haw image, it's kind of hard to escape it when your team is actually called the Nashville Sounds.

I actually like the neon sign effect on the logo too, but I don't envy whoever has to embroider that.

Wow. This is an incredible logo for a baseball team from Nashville. The color scheme is a unique and refreshing change from all the black/navy/royal/red teams out there. The f-hole in the logo immediately screams music, and the neon reminds you where that music's coming from - it just screams Nashville.

If you saw this logo for the first time on a hat - whether it was someone wearing it, or on the rack in a store - and you had one guess as to what the "N' stood for, what would you guess?

To me, that's the sign of a great logo. I can't wait to see the rest of the set!

Broadway Burnt Orange, Sunburst Tan, Neon Orange, and Cash Black make up the club's new official colors.

I usually groan and sigh at vanity names for colors, but "Cash Black," that's a good one. And hey, three-tone orange! That's new!

This might be among the better Brandiose projects because it seems as if they kept their worst impulses in check for once. I'll have to see what else is in the package. As long as they didn't get too clever for their own good and create some clumsy mixed metaphor as they tend to do, this could be quite nice.

If they did, though, I bet it'll be a tertiary where an anthropomorphic piano is gazing through binoculars at a #10 so that it's a ten he sees.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫