Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 5/2/2021 at 10:19 PM, Eastport76 said:

idk but the mallard look like more a Richard Scarry Character. Remember his Busytown series?

+100 for the Richard Scarry reference. His illustrations were "Where's Waldo" years before that series began!

It seems the Quad Cities River Bandits have an identity crisis.

The left is still being used as their primary logo and on their website, but the right is being used as an alternate colors logo and is being used on social media

1738_quad_cities_river_bandits-primary-2spacer.png

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

Pioneer Baseball League introduces new branding for new era

May 6, 2021 - 21:56 PM

In advance of its first season as an independent “MLB Partner League,” the Pioneer Baseball League unveiled a new look today, including two new logos and a redesigned website. Per the league, the new identity is meant to reflect “a classic baseball look and feel while paying homage to the

Read More...

On 5/3/2021 at 10:41 PM, monkeypower said:

I like that the wave and sand are part of the jersey wordmark, but I think there's too many colours going on.

----

My Timber Rattlers are starting the season against Beloit tomorrow. Where did we end off with that whole (failed) Snappers rebrand?

There were the finalists which seemed to be widely panned, including by people outside of here, and then they were going to still be the Snappers on like weekends(?) once they moved into the new stadium at some point this season, but then the entire rebrand was pushed back a season?

Is that right?

They will remain the Snappers for all of this season.  After that, who knows?  As far as I'm hearing, the majority of fans are still furious about any possible name change.

Looks like they’re borrowing and slightly adapting the Wisconsin Bakers’ Association “Original Cream Puffs” logo for the uniforms. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I like it.  Very local.  Everyone who has been to the State Fair will recognize that logo.  And this is an improvement on it. 

They will also be using the group’s mascot, Craven D. Creampuff.  Here she is with Milwaukee’s second-best costumed baseball mascot. 

spacer.png

EDIT: Looks like we have a sneak peek at the jerseys.  These I'm much less enthusiastic about.

E1MT_MGXoA4SjKp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Gothamite
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 2:40 PM, Dilbert said:

It seems the Quad Cities River Bandits have an identity crisis.

The left is still being used as their primary logo and on their website, but the right is being used as an alternate colors logo and is being used on social media

1738_quad_cities_river_bandits-primary-2spacer.png

Weird, good find. I assume the blue version is new to represent their affiliation with the Royals, whereas they had been affiliated with red teams Cardinals and Astros for the last 15+ years. 

• Like 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Back in 2012, when Pensacola got their AA southern league team, they had a name-the-team poll/contest, and as most of us know the name Blue Wahoos was selected. By all accounts, it has been received rather well and done well in merchandising. 

In 2016, they had a one-off promotion of "What If?", with the team gearing up in the runner-up name, the MULLETS.

Last night I was flipping through the channels and came across the Pensacola/Birmingham AA game, and Pensacola was once again sporting the Mullets look, so I looked it up.

Apparently, this year EVERY Thursday home game will be Mullet night, with special Mullet features in addition to the Mullet unis:  as per the team owner: "On Thursdays, we’re going to get rid of the ceremonial first pitch and replace it with a mullet toss…the ceremonial first fish!  We’ll have a barber giving free mullet haircuts on the concourse.  Mullet-eating contests.  Each Thursday will be about cheap drinks, good times, and holding a party in the stands.”

The name refers to not only the fish, but also the haircut. The team logo is a mullet in sunglasses, sporting a mullet.  
spacer.png

My favorite little thing, though, are the jerseys, complete with a brown splotch extending down from the back color indicating mullet hair:
spacer.png

• Like 6

It is what it is.

It looks like that Waukesha County (Oconomowoc is their settled destination) group has given up on the Northwoods League and will instead join...the American Association for its inaugural 2022 season.

They're branding themselves as a "Lake Country" team, and are holding a name the team contest...I submitted the Wizards (The Wizard of Oz had its world premiere in Oconomowoc on August 12, 1939, and a replica yellow brick road complete with statues of the Oz characters stands downtown).

• Like 3

bYhYmxh.png

8 minutes ago, Burmy said:

It looks like that Waukesha County (Oconomowoc is their settled destination) group has given up on the Northwoods League and will instead join...the American Association for its inaugural 2022 season.

They're branding themselves as a "Lake Country" team, and are holding a name the team contest...I submitted the Wizards (The Wizard of Oz had its world premiere in Oconomowoc on August 12, 1939, and a replica yellow brick road complete with statues of the Oz characters stands downtown).

Scarecrows or Tin Men would be suitable alternatives too, and have a bit more minor league flair.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TBGKon said:

Scarecrows or Tin Men would be suitable alternatives too, and have a bit more minor league flair.

The Lake Country Flying Monkeys

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

We're trying to follow the trends too; bringing creative concepts just like many Minor  League Baseball teams to create a mock-professional experience for players with disabilities. This recently aired on WNDU.  Brian Bednarski and Brian Wray (the local South Bend coach) helped us put this concept together.

https://www.wndu.com/2021/05/18/alternative-baseball-is-coming-to-south-bend/?fbclid=IwAR38IpP_lQAH9EdDsJGffkKT1kRol5JbBmBNQ3aaV-cOSl7yLTTUClOiSh8

Edited by AlternativeBaseball

On 5/14/2021 at 3:27 PM, B-Rich said:

Back in 2012, when Pensacola got their AA southern league team, they had a name-the-team poll/contest, and as most of us know the name Blue Wahoos was selected. By all accounts, it has been received rather well and done well in merchandising. 

In 2016, they had a one-off promotion of "What If?", with the team gearing up in the runner-up name, the MULLETS.

Last night I was flipping through the channels and came across the Pensacola/Birmingham AA game, and Pensacola was once again sporting the Mullets look, so I looked it up.

Apparently, this year EVERY Thursday home game will be Mullet night, with special Mullet features in addition to the Mullet unis:  as per the team owner: "On Thursdays, we’re going to get rid of the ceremonial first pitch and replace it with a mullet toss…the ceremonial first fish!  We’ll have a barber giving free mullet haircuts on the concourse.  Mullet-eating contests.  Each Thursday will be about cheap drinks, good times, and holding a party in the stands.”

The name refers to not only the fish, but also the haircut. The team logo is a mullet in sunglasses, sporting a mullet.  
spacer.png

My favorite little thing, though, are the jerseys, complete with a brown splotch extending down from the back color indicating mullet hair:
spacer.png

*Sighs*

And now y'all know why my hometown also carries the nickname "Redneck Riviera"...which is where the whole "Mullets" thing even came from in the first place. 

From a purely design and branding standpoint, though, the Mullets thing is a stroke of genius; I will give them that.  I see now that they brought the mullet toss over from the Flora-Bama thing, too...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||