Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

I unabashedly love those Disco Turkeys uniforms. Sharp color scheme and the Braves-esque feather design on the sleeves is really well executed. A rare example of a minor/independent league team with a stupid name but great logos and uniforms. 

On another note, the Chicago Dogs will be having a Negro League Tribute night on 8/14 and will be wearing "special uniforms" as they face the Kansas City Monarchs:

https://thechicagodogs.com/promotional-schedule/text-2021-promotional-schedule/

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 6:16 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

👍

Disco Turkeys for life! If they don't have JohnTravolta dance contest or have him throw out a first pitch, someone should be fired. 

• Like 3

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mean I get that they’re for the National League, but it really looks like they’re emphasizing the AL on the NL jerseys. 

The colors are fun though 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I like the colors on those Future Games uniforms, especially on a black background, but "NATION" and "I CAN" is kind of heavy-handed, and designing an NL jersey that highlights the letters "AL" should have been a big old sendback.

Why would a team in Durham ever be called the Sharks? They're like a hundred miles inland. It'd be like if we wound up with the San Antonio Marlins.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Why would a team in Durham ever be called the Sharks? They're like a hundred miles inland. It'd be like if we wound up with the San Antonio Marlins.

Why would a team in Detroit be called the Tigers? There ain’t no tigers in Michigan.

It's Me

^ Let's not go down that road, please...

... And on the topic of the Futures jerseys, seems like they went down the same pathway as the [Expedition League] Sioux Falls Sunfish (yeah, speaking of aqualife in an inland location), who have really matched into the dual-color theme--with same colors to boot:

Sioux-Falls-Sunfish.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&

60f10caa8cf92.image.jpg?resize=1200,830

E6Tgf5xXEAsxcd9.jpg

(It's definitely a quirky brand strategy--but it's fun, and fans here in town have really taken to it.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...