Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

13 hours ago, NicDB said:

I wouldn't normally root for any lower level ballclub to fail. But given how engrained it is in the culture of Waukesha County to wish failure upon all things Milwaukee, I'm 100% hate watching the Dockhounds.

Also, since you asked what's gonna happen in two years... probably the Northwoods League.

Stop making stuff up Nic, I been living in SE Wisconsin my whole life and the vast majority of people don't wish failure upon Milwaukee. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 9:32 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

Mighty broad brush you're painting with there, Tex.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:56 PM, BigZuDaddy said:

Stop making stuff up Nic, I been living in SE Wisconsin my whole life and the vast majority of people don't wish failure upon Milwaukee. 

C'mon now... obviously I'm not pointing fingers at ayone here personally. But are you really gonna deny that there's an entire sociolpolitical culture propped up in the WOW Counties based on resentment of the big city and the people who live there?

I say if anything, the Milkmen and Dockhounds should take advantage of it and draw some people to the ballparks. There hasn't been a Milwauee-Waukesha "rivalry" in sports since Marquette was playing Carroll College, and that was before WWII.

Granted, this also ties into what I've said before about the Milkmen's identity, which looks even more egregious now since they're the "city" team in this scenario.

As much of a Milkmen fan as I am, the fact that they don't have a year-round online store is an embarrassment. (I think they're the only MLB Partner League team not to have one)

bYhYmxh.png

10 hours ago, NicDB said:

C'mon now... obviously I'm not pointing fingers at ayone here personally. But are you really gonna deny that there's an entire sociolpolitical culture propped up in the WOW Counties based on resentment of the big city and the people who live there?

Yep.

Since I live in the evil Lake Country, and have since 1992, I think I am better equipped to know how it reacts than someone who doesn't live here.

EDIT - In fact, I'll take this a step further with examples. This strikes me as very similar to the type of 'explaining' that I hear from soccer fans who like to tell the non-soccer fans what they are thinking and why they are wrong. Since you aren't in the group of people who don't share your feelings, you can't know why they are the way they are. A sportswriter can't tell a fan why they are wrong for booing the guy that the sportswriter covers (and likes) because the sportswriter is looking for the story, and not for the rooting interests of his favorite team; soccer fans can't tell non-soccer fans what it would take for the sport to increase in popularity based on what non-soccer fans 'want';  you, living not only NOT in the WOW counties but now not even in Wisconsin, don't have an idea of what people out here think, you only have your perception based on whatever your experiences are. Trust me when I say that the next time I hear someone out here declare an expression of resentment toward Milwaukee, it will be the first time.

That doesn't mean that there aren't racist people who have other issues. If that is the direction you want to take, I'm in agreement -- but that isn't how you have framed it.

It's where I sit.

The Fresno Grizzlies are mixing up their different uniforms this year. 

spacer.png

White jersey with white pants

spacer.png

Red jersey with red pants

spacer.png

When these uniforms were unveiled, the white jersey was only paired with the red pants and red jersey only with the white pants. I hope they rebrand again soon, preferably back to purple and black or even to the Taco's full time at this point. I hate the California flag theme, feels like something a Sacramento team should be wearing. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Charlotte Knights add blue to their color scheme to tie into the city's other professional sports teams:

https://www.milb.com/charlotte-knights/news/it-s-all-charlotte-knights-go-cltblue-with-exciting-brand-refresh

New logos to go with the change:

FghAZ08VsAI5Eps?format=jpg&name=large

Not super big on the new helmet design (what's going on at the bottom?) but I am a huge fan of adding blue to the scheme. Light blue feels right for any Charlotte team and now all that's left is for the Checkers to return to blue and orange.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

The Charlotte Knights add blue to their color scheme to tie into the city's other professional sports teams:

https://www.milb.com/charlotte-knights/news/it-s-all-charlotte-knights-go-cltblue-with-exciting-brand-refresh

New logos to go with the change:

FghAZ08VsAI5Eps?format=jpg&name=large

Not super big on the new helmet design (what's going on at the bottom?) but I am a huge fan of adding blue to the scheme. Light blue feels right for any Charlotte team and now all that's left is for the Checkers to return to blue and orange.

Is it wearing a facemask?