Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Is that really a gradient on the numbers?

Looks like their sort of trying to mimic the orange rainbow jerseys. Except: 1) there's an orange stroke between each shade of orange and 2) it's at an angle. I'll pass judgement until I see some real pics, but looks like a slight downgrade to me.

Also, what is that a patch of? It's hard to make out since it's the same color as the uniform...

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Lakewood's 15 years logo:

BlueClaws15Memories640360_48d2f9di_68iry

On July 11th, the BlueClaws will become the Piedmont Boll Weevils for one day. Prior to coming to Lakewood with the BlueClaws in 2001, the Phillies South Atlantic League affiliate was based in Kannapolis, North Carolina as the Piedmont Boll Weevils from 1995-2000.

(Sorry in advance for large photo sizes) I'm having a hard time deciding if the High Desert Mavericks (Single-A Rangers affiliate) need to rebrand, or if they should stick with what they've got and run with it proudly.

Because at first glance, this...

kseuh6ffmu4cii7uczgr.gif

...looks incredibly dated. But when you look at their ballpark atmosphere...

12297863.jpg

36221585.jpg

...the logo and identity package's desolate datedness actually fits in pretty well with the very remote setting in the Mojave Desert. The stadium is on the very outer reaches of Adelanto, CA, a "suburb" of the larger city of Victorville.

• Like 1

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Wow. That's really bizarre, a green field literally in the middle of nowhere.

It wasn't expected to remain that way. When the team relocated from Riverside in 1991, there were plans for development around the ballpark. But the nearby military base closed, and the '08 economic crisis made things worse. The city is on the brink of bankruptcy, but incredibly attendance made a dramatic jump this past season. They might stick with the logo set after all.

(Sorry in advance for large photo sizes) I'm having a hard time deciding if the High Desert Mavericks (Single-A Rangers affiliate) need to rebrand, or if they should stick with what they've got and run with it proudly.

Because at first glance, this...

kseuh6ffmu4cii7uczgr.gif

...looks incredibly dated. But when you look at their ballpark atmosphere...

12297863.jpg

36221585.jpg

...the logo and identity package's desolate datedness actually fits in pretty well with the very remote setting in the Mojave Desert. The stadium is on the very outer reaches of Adelanto, CA, a "suburb" of the larger city of Victorville.

When I worked for the Jackson Generals (AA-Seattle), we would have guys come up from High Desert (then an M's affiliate) and be relieved that Jackson had something to it. I always knew Adelanto was a bit of a hole, but daaaaaang I never knew it was that sparse!

I wasn't actually aware of this rollout, and I work in the media in the Nashville area. Saw it on Facebook and had to bump the thread. I am a bit shocked at the bold logo change.

I'm pretty sure a large part of the direction they're going for the re brand actually has to do with the stadium move. They're playing at historic Sulphur Dell, where the original Nashville Vols played. Most of the Vols logos involved a big block v, but I think they had a serifed N as well. Take the serifs, stylized slightly because old fashioned clearly means wild west, incorporate neon and the pick (for Broadway, the team name, and to tie in with the Preds), and use the color we associate with Vols (Big Orange) instead of any team colors...bam.

Is it a fauxback stretch? Does it reach for too many fan bases? Is it too tourist centered, stereotypical? Does it scream Nashville hipster? Is it a cash grab?

Yes. But does that make it bad? Not at all. I can't wait to see the set. I'm thinking sleeveless vests, western double outline numbers, cream, and pinstripes.

• Like 1

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

• 2 weeks later...

Invite.jpg

Remember, the finalists were Beacon (why not "Beacons" I have no idea), Black Jacks, Mullets, Schooners, Shrimpers and Shuckers.

Judging from the teaser and from which is most marketable, my guess is Black Jacks...although I'm hoping for Shrimpers in the back of my mind.

bYhYmxh.png

My money is on Beacon. That looks like lighthouse striping on the poster.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't think a team with a black and blue color scheme would go with Black Jacks as a name, as that makes me think more of a black and red scheme like playing cards. I think you could make an argument for most of those names (the pink for Shrimpers, cartoon eyes for Schooners/Shuckers, etc.), but personally I'm betting on Beacon(s) due to the aforementioned striping similarities to lighthouses.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

The awkward thing is their new stadium is unlikely to be ready in time for opening day, so they may have to play a few home games in Huntsville, AL (their home through this past season).

Oh, and it looks like they'll be fined $10,000 for every home game they can't play in their new ballpark: http://ballparkdigest.com/201407217486/minor-league-baseball/news/disaster-in-biloxi-new-ballpark-may-not-be-ready-until-august

FWIW, all the teams have webpages reserved and Twitter pages too...but the only one to have any followers (or to follow anybody for that matter) is @BiloxiBeacons. (one of the ones they're following include the temporary team account).

bYhYmxh.png

Invite.jpg

Remember, the finalists were Beacon (why not "Beacons" I have no idea), Black Jacks, Mullets, Schooners, Shrimpers and Shuckers.

Judging from the teaser and from which is most marketable, my guess is Black Jacks...although I'm hoping for Shrimpers in the back of my mind.

3165014397_e4da960a64.jpg

87Redskins.png

Invite.jpg

I'm guessing it's gonna be Shrimpers, but I'm really hoping for Shuckers.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

As mentioned above, it looks most like it'll be "Beacon(s)", given the slanted stripes like a lighthouse.

If that really is the case, what a shame. Black Jacks sounds like a much better fit to me. Also, it seems as if it's going to be another "eyes" logo--a la Lake Elsinore Storm or Chattanooga Lookouts--which would be alright, if it weren't for the fact that the Lookouts are in the same league.