Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Since the Alamo isn't a tall building, the slant doesn't really bother me as much as it would if it were a skyscraper.

So buildings can be skewed at 15-degree angles that they're not actually at as long as they aren't tall? MOD EDIT It makes no sense whatsoever. What are they doing, trying to show that there's something progressive and "forward-facing" about a historic building? There's one historic building I can think of that should be drawn so that it's leaning, and it's not because it's progressive.

Hey, my running shoes look like the ones the guy in the home uniform is wearing.

Edited by Brian in Boston
Let's express differences of opinion without resorting to personally insulting other members of the community.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Since the Alamo isn't a tall building, the slant doesn't really bother me as much as it would if it were a skyscraper.

So buildings can be skewed at 15-degree angles that they're not actually at as long as they aren't tall? MOD EDIT It makes no sense whatsoever. What are they doing, trying to show that there's something progressive and "forward-facing" about a historic building? There's one historic building I can think of that should be drawn so that it's leaning, and it's not because it's progressive.

Hey, my running shoes look like the ones the guy in the home uniform is wearing.

...so you're saying you like it? or no? You'll have to work on stating your opinions clearer next time.

Does it bother you that the Alamo isn't really blue?

It's an identity for a baseball team. Baseball is a sport. Sports like baseball are about action. Italicizing things connotes action. Of course, the Alamo itself, unlike the historic building you referenced (we assume you are talking about a certain structure in Pisa), does not lean, but sometimes creative individuals use this thing called "artistic license," a hypothetical certificate of sorts that entitles the holder to not necessarily have to be literal in their depictions. I cannot argue with most of the flaws that the Creamer community has already pointed out about this particular identity, but I do not agree that the building being rendered in an italicized fashion is worthy of scorn.
  • Like 1

Are you srsly dropping the royal we on me? condescending quotation marks? "hypothetical certificate of sorts"? Who the hell are you, Brian In Boston's little brother?

Yeah, I'm not a :censored:ing idiot, I know what artistic license is, but what it isn't is carte blanche to do crap that doesn't make any sense. You can connote action and excitement without italicizing a building, which is plainly dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫