Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The SB looks a little awkward; it's a good idea, but the top of the S makes it look lopsided. I could totally do without that multi-layered Cubs roundel, but the rest looks nice.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Someone needs to show this SB Cubs set to whoever did the OKC Dodgers identity. THIS is how it is done.

Echoing basically what everyone else has said, but I LOVE that Tortugas set. The colors are unique but not crazy, and it's always encouraging to see a well-done turtle logo. Not a huge fan of the hippie-ish wordmark, and I wish the 2nd alternate were more than just a decapitated turtle. However, if those are the worst criticisms about a new Minor League set, then it's golden.

I'm probably in the minority in wishing the Cubs set included a swinging bear logo. Something about that just screams Cubs to me, perhaps because of Chicago's history of bat wielding bear logos. But I understand those who are against it due to the prevalence of bat swinging logos these days.

I'm probably in the minority in wishing the Cubs set included a swinging bear logo. Something about that just screams Cubs to me, perhaps because of Chicago's history of bat wielding bear logos. But I understand those who are against it due to the prevalence of bat swinging logos these days.

The only bear-with-bat logos I recall the Cubs using were from the early 1900s, and that bear was just holding the bat nonchalantly instead of in a legit batting stance. The new SB Cubs mark of the bear catching a pop-up fits in perfectly because of this:

10_foul_ball_sign-thumb-550x412-10797911

My biggest takeaway is that el tortuga bats left.

Or is that the follow through of his swing? He looks like he's watching a home run.

His left flipper is higher up on the bat, so he's a lefty.

Just tweeted at Bradiose asking if their Winter Meetings after-party will involve a rebranding. Their answer: "We don't mess with the #1 selling cap in MiLB!"

I wonder if that's code for "new alternate logos coming" or something of the sort. But glad to hear the cap is staying at least, one of my favorites.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Just tweeted at Bradiose asking if their Winter Meetings after-party will involve a rebranding. Their answer: "We don't mess with the #1 selling cap in MiLB!"

I wonder if that's code for "new alternate logos coming" or something of the sort. But glad to hear the cap is staying at least, one of my favorites.

What is the #1 selling MiLB hat? Lake Elsinore?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

There's an irony to it for me...it doesn't make sense, but then again it does. I've only ever seen a few around in my life, but it doesn't surprise me in the sense that it's truly one of the more iconic hats in MiLB. Lots of people draw blanks when they see many other minor league caps, but quite often when they see those eyes, they say "hey, the Storm!"

And for some background: Lake Elsinore is a popular place for extreme sports--motocross, BMX, skydiving, etc. To me at least, that cap just screams "extreme sports," with the fierce look and black and red colorway. That's how I see it, at least. I'm willing to bet that more than a few kids at the bike track or skate park wear those caps, it just "fits."

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.