Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm a solid ehhhhhh on the new PawSox. There are some things I like about it: the script works well (although it does look like the Biloxi Shuckers script to my eye, which is slightly annoying), the P logo looks really nice, and the angry bear primary logo works alright, as does the happy bear (no need for 2, but both look good).

However...I utterly despise the paw marks on the bill of the away cap. It looks cheap, gimmicky, and way too cutesy (for minor league standards even). Remove them, and that away hat is a winner. But no sadly. I'm ehhhhhhh on the addition of light blue. It doesn't look bad, but when I think of the Red Sox or Red Sox minor league affiliates, light blue isn't used in any color palettes as far as I remember. I'll also say that I'm partial to the previous PawSox logo set, but oh well. Going to go buy an old PawSox cap now. They gave it a fighting effort here Brandiose, but they go down swinging in my mind.

Pennants.jpg

I'm probably in the minority in wishing the Cubs set included a swinging bear logo. Something about that just screams Cubs to me, perhaps because of Chicago's history of bat wielding bear logos. But I understand those who are against it due to the prevalence of bat swinging logos these days.

The only bear-with-bat logos I recall the Cubs using were from the early 1900s, and that bear was just holding the bat nonchalantly instead of in a legit batting stance.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I feel like a modernized version of that would be neat. Take the blobby bear holding a bat and turn it into a bear swinging a bat. Or at least in a batting stance.

Again, too bad that's been overdone lately.

Less successful, at least to my mind, is the alternate logo featuring the single sock with the polar bear paw ripping through the toe. Given that the top of the sock appears to be empty, I can't help but envision a sock containing a severed polar bear paw.

That was my thought too. It's red with the polar bear's blood. Or your own, because the now-crippled polar bear is really pissed and just slashed you in two with his other paw.

On the plus size, it's just the right size for club to beat whoever thought that element up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, they're not the Pawtucket Red Sox anymore, Now the Pawtucket Pawsox? I guess that's fine, but I have a question that burning my mind.......why are ALL these teams adding light blue jerseys all of a sudden, even when the parent club doesn't have the color in its palette(sp?)?

Unrelated note, here's a SWINGING Tartouga!!!!

swinging_zps1079942a.png

So now his right is higher. He's a switch.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Agreed 100 percent. Although honestly, I don't hate their current set as much as most people seem to. Sure, it needs tweaking--change the script/numbers on the navy alt to white, and work in the BP caps more often for that extra splash of color. Oh yeah, and maybe actually put a stylized "Tampa Bay" on the road grays.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I'm the only one that generally digs the Paw Sox look? Ah, well. Still dig it. (Though I think Brian's right about the light blue being too prominent.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The independent minor-pro East Coast Baseball League has released the logos for its first three member-franchises.

09de4817c628f8bed4328e46117695cc1b51bf07

I know the font isn't quite the same, but...

6050864843_3e81402e90_z.jpg

Also, the Niagara Wild wolf-thing looks like it's taking a beanball to the back of the dome. That can't be good.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The timber rattlers will be having a design a bp jersey contest

I think it's about time they did an entire rebrand. Their entire identity seems a bit stale. I don't mind the logos, but maybe a better color palette would freshen things up a bit. The maroon and black just seems really dull, IMO.