Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Rhode Island attorney James J. Skeffington - a principal in the team's new ownership group - is on record as saying:

"Our sense is that if the state wants us here, it should be Rhode Island Red Sox. We're all Rhode Islanders. Whether you live in Pawtucket or you live in Westerly or you live in East Providence or you live in Central Falls, we're all Rhode Islanders. This is Rhode Island's team."

Rhode Island Red Sox is just begging for a Rhode Island Red chicken logo/mascot.

I sincerely hope not. I'm of the mind that a Rhode Island Red-based identity package should be reserved for an ice hockey team in the state. Preferably, a rebranded Providence Bruins AHL franchise. Ice hockey is the sport that the Reds name - and, by extension, Rhode Island Red imagery - has been most identified with over the years. That tradition should be preserved.

• Like 1

The Kitsap BlueJackets (based in Bremerton, WA) of the West Coast League (collegiate summer wood bat league) will soon unveil a new logo.

Old:

KitsapBluejackets.gif

A draft of the new logo is on their Facebook page. I've been told it's not quite the finished project.

"BlueJackets" has a double meaning: a take on the insect (yellowjackets) and Bluejacket referring to someone who is in the Navy. Bremerton is the home of the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, hence the anchors and sailor cap on the "newer" logo.

Sorry to bring back a dead topic, but I did what you could call an "internship" with the Kitsap Bluejackets over one summer while in college. In the process, i found out some interesting stuff about the logo.

The team's owner told me that when he adopted the team, he borrowed the 'Bluejackets' name from the minor league team that resided in Bremerton in the early 1900's. However, what he overlooked is that the Bluejacket is not some type of bee, but actually slang for someone in the navy. Bremerton is a navy town, hit it's boom during WWII, and is home to two naval bases. He was not aware of the naval reference until well after this logo had been designed, and the design for the mascot had been submitted. While I was working with the owner, I suggested that he update the brand and even threw a few design concepts his way, and he was not at all interested. Fast forward a few years, and it looks like he is still content to use the bee.The new design is better, but still the worst logo in their league.

The Kitsap BlueJackets (based in Bremerton, WA) of the West Coast League (collegiate summer wood bat league) will soon unveil a new logo.

Old:

KitsapBluejackets.gif

A draft of the new logo is on their Facebook page. I've been told it's not quite the finished project.

"BlueJackets" has a double meaning: a take on the insect (yellowjackets) and Bluejacket referring to someone who is in the Navy. Bremerton is the home of the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, hence the anchors and sailor cap on the "newer" logo.

Sorry to bring back a dead topic, but I did what you could call an "internship" with the Kitsap Bluejackets over one summer while in college. In the process, i found out some interesting stuff about the logo.

The team's owner told me that when he adopted the team, he borrowed the 'Bluejackets' name from the minor league team that resided in Bremerton in the early 1900's. However, what he overlooked is that the Bluejacket is not some type of bee, but actually slang for someone in the navy. Bremerton is a navy town, hit it's boom during WWII, and is home to two naval bases. He was not aware of the naval reference until well after this logo had been designed, and the design for the mascot had been submitted. While I was working with the owner, I suggested that he update the brand and even threw a few design concepts his way, and he was not at all interested. Fast forward a few years, and it looks like he is still content to use the bee.The new design is better, but still the worst logo in their league.

You really think so? I agree in that it technically doesn't match up with the true meaning of the term (I too knew that beforehand), but I honestly believe this...

cropped-logo2.png

...looks much better in context of a baseball uniform than any iteration of something like this guy:

9999715405_full.jpg

But with that being said...do you still have those design concepts you mentioned, or parts of them? Inquiring minds want to see!

(Side note: FWIW, ownership has actually changed hands for this season and was part of the reason behind the revamp).

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

B-yda7NVIAQD_RI.jpg

B-yehLHUUAIgy33.jpg

While I (and most people here on the boards) normally loathe Brandiose for constantly using swinging mascots for logos, I like the idea of Teddy swinging a bat here. He's not swinging or holding in a bat-like pose, say a tree trunk or some other bat-shaped object (like a wrench, bone, asparagus, stick with a bindle, celery, etc., etc.); it's a bat. It's pretty straight forward, and surprisingly so. The downside is that there is perhaps 1 logo missing (unless they just go with Teddy's hat, which isn't a great idea) and the script doesn't stand out from other Brandiose scripts.

EDIT: After looking at the uniforms in daylight, the color scheme is growing on me. I've always liked maroon/blue* color scheme.

*Or similar.

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396